The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gran Turismo 4 - £26.99 Delivered

michael

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cool: you beat Jeremy Clarksons time when he only just beat 10 minutes in a new Jag (I think) on Top Gear :tongue: to real life.

I've only tried it once (10:19) so maybe next time??? The final flat out section is just nuts and seems to take forever, especially when the clock is ticking :tumble:

Getting the licenses is certainly boring - get yourself on to missions or events and start earning some dosh for real cars.

yup churning thru these missions.... upto IA ones now.... my god its hard in that little silver rowing boat to catch them up and stay there...

Talking of sound, anyone else noticed the porsche doesn't have any engine noise! :music:

yep weird.... the yellow one i take it, cant remmber the spec ;)

I started with a mk3 Supra 2.5 TT R - looked the best option to start with from a tuning perspective. Currently running 426BHP with a stage 2 turbo + a 70BHP hit of NOS on top. Have done all the other mods too - triple plate clutch race flywheel, full custom suspension etc etc. but the biggest difference has been decent tyres - this thing can outcorner most cars with the Race qualifiers on but they only last 2 laps. Also bought Race Hards for the longer races which seem a good compromise. It's ready for a bigger turbo to really 0wn - I'm gonna go for the stg 4 alternative OEM turbo thing that gives almost as much power but no lag.

I also have a D1GP FC3S which I've turned into a race rather than drift car with different suspension and tyres. It's down to just over 1000KG too with 410BHP and a 100BHP shot of NOS - pretty damned quick, again ready for a bigger turbo. Still likes to drift round the long corners though but it's nice and composed.

The IA-15 license test in the Merc 190 Cosworth following the Skyline pace car around the nurburgring was infuriating - the amount of times I passed or rammed him because he wasn't fast enough! When I passed I got silver, but still nearly rammed him many times.

I've taken to driving with manual gears all the time now since the first IA test in the Jag XJ220 at Midfield - I love that course so just had to get gold and manual gears made the difference.

IA-16 grad test was nuts too - so bloody fast at 235mph for a good chunk of the lap!

Gonna crack on with the Special license 1st today before continuing to race. I love this game :D

You can turn the auto save off if you like.

As for making money - the George Paris Normal difficulty rally wins you 20k and a rally car worth 265k - you can win this as many times as you like as the game asks if you would like to clear your records for the race if you want to race again after you've won once. Clearing the records doesn't affect your win ratio, btw.

Got my wheel delivered the other day, been playing with that all the time, makes the game far more enjoyable and life like. Finally got my Supra too :D Had to wait for it to appear in the used car section.

I bought an R34 Skyline GTR and modded it to ~ 400bhp, its awful, Good launch etc but crap top end. My similarly modded Supra kills it once its moving. The NOS is a cool option too :) Very good cheap mod to help you compete.