Gran Turismo 4 - £26.99 Delivered

michael

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my account again on powerplaydirect.com:

Order Ref Ordered Title Format Amount Status

31748-79983 05/03/2005 Gran Turismo 4 Playstation 2 Game £26.99 Despatched (08/03/05)

:woot:

Me too I got an email - BUT! There is the Guernsey bit at the bottom.

I'm sure it won't take that long... Does explain why they're cheaper though. They'd better not be expecting me to pay sodding VAT on top of this!

Dear Mr Barfield,

It is with great pleasure that we can inform you the following has been despatched today.

Order reference:

Description: Gran Turismo 4

Format: PS2 Game

Quantity: 1

Your item has been shipped via first-class Guernsey post and should hopefully reach you within 3 - 5 working days.

Powerplaydirect just seems to be a spin off site of play.com - the site is exactly the same bar different colour scheme. Both companies are based Guernsey / Jersey way but I've had packages from play next day many times.

Just a quick one to say GT4 rocks! The wheel is great too, makes it much more realistic with the 2 and a half turns of lock. Had a bomb round the 'ring in a 97 Supra RZ, that was fun! Very very much like real life too, even the karusel. Just worked my way through the national B and A license tests, gonna have a go on some arcade mode races now. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Just a quick one to say GT4 rocks! The wheel is great too, makes it much more realistic with the 2 and a half turns of lock. Had a bomb round the 'ring in a 97 Supra RZ, that was fun! Very very much like real life too, even the karusel. Just worked my way through the national B and A license tests, gonna have a go on some arcade mode races now. :woot: :woot: :woot:

It's ok everyone im leaving now to go round and beat him to death :looney: :tongue:

Hi Everyone.

haven't been on here since I got in from work as I've been thrashing round various circuits on GT4.

Don't know if it had anything to do with me, but in our City, we got GT4 this afternoon being sold in at least 2 shops.

I went into shop A at about 1pm where they told me that they couldn't let the game go until tomorrow. I told them that shop B was already selling them at £29.99 and letting it out the door. (It wasn't, but I told them that anyway!) They said they'd have to check it out and if it was true they's let it out today.

I went into shop B and they said they couldn't let the game go until tomorrow UNLESS another local shop "broke the line" first.

Well, lets just say that within the hour, both were selling to the public.

Hurrah!!!

It's brilliant! I'm off back to the PS2 now. Bye!

:tongue:

I got my press copy about 2 weeks ago, but didn't want to say anything. Have been enjoying it very much indeed - almost feel like I'm missing out by not getting sucked into the hype and launch excitement. Happened with GT3 when I bought it a day early and spent launch day playing it...

Picked my copy up at 00:02 and then had a coffee fuelled blast until I fell asleep in front of the TV at some silly time - had a GT3 and Prologue save on my card so copied over licences and 100,000 credits but no Supra in the used cars (just a MK3), bought an RX7, won a few races with that, then a nice blue facelift Supra turned up for sale, bought it, tuned it (forgot to change oil!), and then took it for a blast around the 'Ring - my word that's fun!

Sadly I had to come to work (too much on to skive) but I'll be leaving work bang on 5 later :)