The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I just don't get Goldenballs...

Conrad

OK, so I may have had a glass of wine.

15 people, straight questions - if you get the question right, you nominate the next person. Battles take place, but ultimately you can't hide from the trivia. It's relentless. William G Stewart takes no nonsense.

Yeah, the list of winos grows :D

Contestants had to count from one to fifteen and the person who does it slowest is battered unconscious with a hammer and fed to hungry robins. Pulled in millions of viewers in the 90s.

That would be genius!

I saw one of my mates from back home last week and he was gushing over UFC. I have no knowledge of this so asked what the rules were, and the only one he could come up with was 'if the bloke is on the floor, you can't kick him in the face'...!? and that's a sport these days?

Can you imagine the possibilities if you introduced general knowledge to the equation?

I saw one of my mates from back home last week and he was gushing over UFC. I have no knowledge of this so asked what the rules were, and the only one he could come up with was 'if the bloke is on the floor, you can't kick him in the face'...!? and that's a sport these days?

Can you imagine the possibilities if you introduced general knowledge to the equation?

Well, I'm not trying to be a n*b (honest) but I think your mate doesn't know UFC too well. I mean, it's not boxing, but there are loads of regulations: no headbutting, gouging, groin shots, biting etc. I'm pretty sure elbow strikes aren't allowed and that you can tap out.

No general knowledge component, though.

so... what if we dropped those rules and bring in all of those things.. and possibly some weaponry? and then bring in William G Stewart to fire questions in between blows.

Get Endemol on the blower! I think we've got a winner!

I can hear Bravo writing cheques as we speak.

I love UFC. It's the best sport on TV, IMO.

There are actually quite a lot of rules but it's the brutality of it that makes it so compelling. It's the nearest thing to real fighting there is without people actually being maimed for life.

Gotcha. I was mixing it up with chess.

I have vague memories of introducing my elbow to an opponents chin after they demonstrated the En passant move during a chess club meet back in school... apparently elbows were definitely not allowed and En passant was legit, who'd have thought? ;)

I don't think it'll be long before a gameshow called "Toss the Coin" comes along where that's all they do for an hour, and it'll still get massive TV audiences with phone in advert games

Edit I've already PP'd that name BTW :p

Do you remember "Touch the Truck"?

Gotcha. I was mixing it up with chess.

Were you thinking of Spassky and Fischer, '72, when Spassky leant over and knocked Fischer unconscious in the first round, only for Fischer to come round and stab Spassky in the penis with a cocktail stick?

Do you remember "Touch the Truck"?

Were you thinking of Spassky and Fischer, '72, when Spassky leant over and knocked Fischer unconscious in the first round, only for Fischer to come round and stab Spassky in the penis with a cocktail stick?

The one where the last person to let go of the truck won a truck, yeah :D