The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Twin Turbo BPU, 84,000 miles, Excellent Condition

Guest beavis

Guest beavis

It has now come time to sell my beloved car. I could give you a load of rubbish about having to sell my car because am in financial difficulties or that am having a baby – but the reason is the fact I have another project lined up and I need to sell the Supra to fund it. The car has 12 months MOT and 6 months tax. The car is now running at BPU (stage 1) which now takes the car to approx 400BHP and this gives the car a much faster acceleration. All the modifications are done to the highest standards and all the old parts have been kept. The body work on the Supra is in fantastic condition, there is NO RUST, NO DENTS and the only alterations to the exterior of the car is the TRD boot spoiler, TRD bonnet badge, UK spec 17 inch wheels that are in immaculate condition with NO KERBING or NO DENTS and with plenty of tread on the Pirelli tyres. UK spec glass head lights (not the jspec plastic headlights that tarnish with age). Clear lens repeaters and fully integrated duel rear fog lights. From the outside this car looks standard, its very much a “Wolf in sheep’s clothing”.

The inside of the car has also been very well looked after. The car has had a professional speedometer conversion and is now unrestricted complete with paperwork. Toad alarm and immobiliser category one Thatcham approved. The factory stereo has been replace with a top end Clarion headunit as well as the speakers being upgraded to Alpine Type R speakers. There is a turbo timer as well as professional boost and EGT gauges mounted on a complete replacement A – pillar twin pod (not a cheap screw on pod). The rear windows are tinted and the rear seats are leather. The car has the usual extras of Air Con, Climate control,

Selectable traction control and the full original tool kit and spare wheel.

Under the bonnet is the bulletproof 3ltr Twin Turbo 2JZ-GTE engine. This is now running at 1.2bar . It only has 84,000 miles on the clock and the timing belt was changed at 57,000. Serviced less than 4,000 miles ago with Denso Iridium IK24 spark plugs fitted less than 1,000 miles ago. HKS Supper Dragger SS 5 inch stainless steel exhaust with decat pipes supplied by Whifbitz and Japspeed and fitted by Toyota Motorsport with a Envy performance 1.2 bar restrictor ring and exhaust heat shield. K&N air filter, HKS FCD and Walbro 255 fuel pump. Front and rear strut braces have been fitted to improve performance.

As well as that, I am also selling the J spec alloy wheels with the car with at least 6mm tread on the tyres, Bridgestone Potenza. Included in the sale are both catalytic converters, original stereo etc. The car comes with lots of paperwork and receipts dating back to its import in 2000.

Before you run for the hills after reading that this car is an Automatic, it can out accelerate the manual model due to the Supra’s gearbox, meaning this pulls very hard and very fast and will upset a lot of people who drive Impreza’s, Skyline’s, 911’s & Evo’s. You are getting a lot of car for your money.

I have dropped the price of the car to £6500 as I need the money to fund my new project.

Please PM or ring me on 07771 704397

Beavis

It's certainly not somewhere around 4 seconds or just under. You've gotta be kidding - under four seconds, as in 3.9 or 3.8 seconds? roflcopters! Name a few cars that can hit 0 - 60 in 3.8 - 3.9 seconds and tell me you really think a BPU Supra is as quick as one of them.

Just under 5 seconds will be about right. Jake managed 4.99 seconds out of his BPU VVTi Supra. The auto Supra is slow from a standstill so 0 - 60 isn't mind blowing but 25 - xxx is where it's at. Anyhow, good luck with the sale.

Guest beavis

Thanks for the info on the 0-60 times. I've ammended the ad as not to be telling any porkie pie to anyone.

Once again thanks for the info guys

Guest beavis

The heat sheild was on the car before I got my hands on it, the rest of the body work is original so I didn't want to have to fill in holes and have to paint it. It does the job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.