The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Drop Top....

DannyB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 6'4 and 18.5 stone so i know where ur coming from and the MR2, MX-5, S2000's definitely aint the ones.

You want an audi ;)

Audi are very expensive! I think, cant say ive looked tbh

Also mentioned was the m3 conbertable, very good choice"!

That porsche is stunning jake!

I like these too, there's a nice one that goes to the local meet sometimes:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/leeallison2007/100_1342.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/leeallison2007/100_1333.jpg

M3 convertible?

Now you see that is gorgeous, and as above m3 convertable is a good choice!

Blakey, they rev all the way to 9000 mate

Well why didnt anyone think of this one! (and me for that case)

I went out in a 1998 Bmw M3 Evo today

only done 60k miles on its 3.2litre 24v straight 6 (321bhp), almost as quick, if not quicker then my old Supra TT6!

Beauty it was! we may have a winner!

Now to sell the 530i!

Guest dangerousandy

Jaguar XK8/XKR. A beautiful looking motor with plenty of power (especially the 4.2 supercharged late-model XKR) and real class. pretty reliable too and the XKR100 had Recaro's, 20 in rims, Brembo's etc and your not going to look like a classless cnut driving a ragtop beemer

Well why didnt anyone think of this one! (and me for that case)

I went out in a 1998 Bmw M3 Evo today

only done 60k miles on its 3.2litre 24v straight 6 (321bhp), almost as quick, if not quicker then my old Supra TT6!

Beauty it was! we may have a winner!

Now to sell the 530i!

Your TT was broke then ;)

Lol, its a lot different mind you with having no turbos

Ive never understood how you can get so much bhp without turbos! (ok its 0.2 bigger) But still seriously, wow!

Its been a long time (sob) since i drove my supra so maybe it just seemed faster again as ive been used to a 231bhp house!

Used an S2000 for a fortnight and couldn't live with the noise. (Which was a real shame as I had looked forward so much to driving it and I really did want sooo much to like the car) You have to keep it on the boil to get anything resembling torque out of it and the handling was nothing special. NO room for luggage more than an overnight bag if you want to use it with the roof down, crazy glove box between the seats that has a downward opening lid that means if you stack anything up inside it, it all falls out when you open it. Common, cramped and overrated IMHO.

On the other hand, the C5 Corvette has acres of room in the boot - even with the roof down, Loads of torque (350 ft/lbs and 350 bhp stock) and will get you to 60 in well under 5secs whilst still returning over 30mpg on the motorway if you keep it around 80mph.

The C6 is more capable on British B-Roads - in fact it shines on B-Roads (which is wierd for a yank car), has 400bhp and 400ft/lbs of torque, mahoosive boot, more modern/European styling and with the right options will get to 60mph in about 4.1 and get 30ish to the gallon on the motorway. (Averages about 24mpg overall)

Both sound awesome and you're unlikely to see another one when you're driving yours. Definitely not a hairdresser image either.

LHD is dead easy to get your head around. Parts are stupid cheap and reliability is virtually bulletproof as they are so understressed. Lots of scope for tuning too as there are loads of aftermarket goodies available.

My old C5

C6