The mkiv Supra Owners Club

That detailer does it again!

Whitesupraboy2

51 coats! At what point did the law of diminishing returns happen into effect? Why not stop at 50? Hell, maybe 37 coats were fine but they got into that whole 'just one more...' thing.

Not only that but, crikey!, all that effort for a white car. Muppets.

he did say that at about 7 coats he couldn't see any difference.

Am I right in saying the stuff that he gave 51 coats of isn't even a wax? what is it exactly, polish ?

Mike

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikey.p

thats crazy where i work to get a dog of a car up to mint it only takes a day or 2 max.

And dont use the carwash leaves nasty looking scratches all over the car

i think you all are missing the point , ok im biased on the subject to start with , but its the same with everything if you want to advertise your skills you do the best you can on an open forum .

just the same as engine bling costs a lot of money but doesnt really make the car go any faster , and is related in a way .

ive been to shows where the fellas spent ages polishing pipes and stuff under the bonnet , when the paintwork is an absolute mess , so its just what peeps want really , so dont knock the guy just because hes good at something

I enjoy watching that man work. His attention to detail is second to none and thats why he gets to work on some amazing cars.

From my understanding of that thread the detail was done on his own car, a car he had just bought.

As some know brand new cars don't always have the best paintwork in the world, in some cases paintwork is pretty shoddy.

The guy simply wanted to create the best finish and protection for his own car which takes a lot of time.

Subsequent detailing wont be as intensive as he has a good solid foundation of protection as he put the time in first time round ;)

I have to say I didn't read the whole thread (I value my time more than that), I saw the summary at the top, scanned some of the pics, I took it that some guy bought a VXR and had that done to it.

If he's doing it as a business advertisement then fair enough, but the text I quoted "...to be honest the wheels were starting to stress me out.....I cleaned them non stop day after day..." gave me the impression that he was a very sad individual :)

Also for me the car is irrelevant, Ferrari or Astra it's sad, it's even more sad he picked a white car to show off his skills, he should know better.

I have to say I didn't read the whole thread (I value my time more than that), I saw the summary at the top, scanned some of the pics, I took it that some guy bought a VXR and had that done to it.

If he's doing it as a business advertisement then fair enough, but the text I quoted "...to be honest the wheels were starting to stress me out.....I cleaned them non stop day after day..." gave me the impression that he was a very sad individual :)

Also for me the car is irrelevant, Ferrari or Astra it's sad, it's even more sad he picked a white car to show off his skills, he should know better.

It gets much much worse. When panels were coming off the interior to fit the ice install he was asking the fitter to stop so that he could clean grease and stuff off. He also wasn't happy with certain parts of the paint, that were under the carpet lol.

I read through it all, the guy has done a great job and made a lot of very good choices. His extreme cleaning is unbelievable though.

the best bit was where he wasnt happy with the paint work from the factory...a 1mm blob on the roof which you couldnt see and had to have full zoom on for the camera to pick up. :D

I say fair play and id like him to do it to my car but there is more things to life. However we each have own passions i guess.

the best bit was where he wasnt happy with the paint work from the factory...a 1mm blob on the roof which you couldnt see and had to have full zoom on for the camera to pick up. :D

I say fair play and id like him to do it to my car but there is more things to life. However we each have own passions i guess.

It was only 0.5mm and he contemplated sending it back LMFAO.

Did he have to unlock & lock the car 17 times exactly before he got in?

No but he did have to wash the car and wheels 17 times after driving it.

I'm all for having pride in a car. But if you want to be that fussy over it, don't drive it.

I can't imagine what the guy would be like if someone actually hit it. I can imagine him out in town with his mates and leaving because it starts raining and he wants to garage his car.

amazing skills and attention to detail.

bit of a waste on that car, shame it wasn't something more special

I was shocked when I saw the bottled water, little did I know this was the tip of the iceberg.

How could you drive a car after spending that much time/money on it.

I mean, imagine parking it and getting a knock, just driving it and getting stones flicked up, birds mess, grit and dirt - is this a car for the real world or something to obsess over in the garage lol

great showboating of skills though, and good for picking up hints on doing a good job. Spending more than a few hours (4-5) is enough for me.

Just shame it wasn't a special car, that does little for me!