The mkiv Supra Owners Club

That detailer does it again!

Whitesupraboy2

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

Dont know what to say, bit anal doing 51 coats of wax. However im very impressed with the attention to detail in the engine bay and that car surely will hold its value well. :)

P.s hope you have alot of memory, that thread made windows flash up that im low on virtual memory :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot understand this mentality "...to be honest the wheels were starting to stress me out.....I cleaned them non stop day after day..."

I don't mind having a car clean & nice, but this is obsessive

Totally agree mate. I can see the point if the car is heading for a museum, but otherwise I just dont understand ! I LOVE a highly polished car, they look the nuts but this sort of effort is just ridiculous. Apologies if this offends, but good grief ! And to an Astra :faint:

I can understand the polishing and basic detailing part, I mean we all love have a sparkling car, but that’s ridiculous!

Wonder how this guy drives the car on the road, god knows what would happen if he sees a puddle or a bit of dirt on the road!

SAD, SAD, SAD.

Yes the car looks great, but he needs to get out more. He has too much time on his hands and if you ask me he is heading for the nut house if a truck goes past and sprays his car with muck.

A wash and polish regularly is fine as it leaves time for a pint, a job, a hobby, a wife and kids, but 51 coats of polish and my wife would kill me.

:blink: Cricky i like a clean car but that takes the biscuit .....i think the Guy needs to get out more :p

Now where did i put that polishing cloth gggggggeeeerrrr granville !!

Cheers

-Ian-

my thoughts exactly!! i don't think id have that much time even if i didn't sleep!!!

I think my wife would have killed me after the 5th coat of polish,a clean car is nice and we all do it.

But come on that is obsessive and i cant beleive ive just spent all that time looking at just about brand new car being cleaned to perfection,sorry addiction

51 coats! At what point did the law of diminishing returns happen into effect? Why not stop at 50? Hell, maybe 37 coats were fine but they got into that whole 'just one more...' thing.

Not only that but, crikey!, all that effort for a white car. Muppets.