The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rare Green Facelift Auto BPU TT

razza

I find with an auto that using the overdrive and pulling the lever back to 2nd is almost as good as a manual. The 6sp means you have to be in the right gear to make the most of the car. With an auto no matter what speed you are doing you just floor it and it impresses every time. It also allows for full throttle gear changes.

The auto is better suited to the j-spec, the quicker spooling ceramics match it very well. The ony slight let down is from a standing start, the auto will never be quite so quick.

You need to go out in a BPU auto with somebody who knows how to use the gearbox. To see it being used hard is an eye opener for most.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that says quite what you meant. J-specs also have their own wastegate.

What do I mean? Is it they have a self regulating one or something? I can then re-do the ad ;) Thanks

Darren, are there any marks on the wheels? This would mess with my OCD......:D

Also, are you open to offers as I sense that money is a real issue for you at the moment?

There's a small one on the rear left and the right ones have some brake dust starting to work into the paint, something a refurb would sort easily.

Money's ok at the moment now due to a promotion, have other reasons to get rid as will be doing longer miles with work and need something a little more professional and economical. Will actually be spending more money on a car than this now.

Make me an offer though and I'll see if it's enough:eyebrows:

I find with an auto that using the overdrive and pulling the lever back to 2nd is almost as good as a manual.

You need to go out in a BPU auto with somebody who knows how to use the gearbox. To see it being used hard is an eye opener for most.

Exactly that, had someone see the car who commented on how much I used the gear lever, through the right use of it, it makes a great drive with response on tap:eyebrows:

What do I mean? Is it they have a self regulating one or something? I can then re-do the ad ;) Thanks
The wastegate on the UK spec turbos is larger than the one on the j-specs. So it doesn't get overwhelmed by the increased gas flow at higher than stock boost levels. Which means the boost doesn't go through the roof and kill your turbos and/or engine.

(F.A.B. in true salesman stylee)

winter is not the best time to be selling a high power RWD car. Its the sort of thing that sells well from April onwards. The credit crunch is also scaring the willies out of people and so they wont take a punt on a car that could cost a bit to run.

If you can hold off until Spring you may get a better price, but prices may also have nose dived even further by then so its a risk.

If you can hold off until Spring you may get a better price, but prices may also have nose dived even further by then so its a risk.

Agreed, however I've set my mind on selling it now, and am keen to get the new motor, to keep bumping a car for sale for next few months is a pain in the ar$e I could do without to be honest.

Plus her indoors keep nagging me doesn't help:taped:

I'm prepared to lose some money on this now, as I should be able to offset it by getting a good deal on the next car (hopefully)

I'm prepared to lose some money on this now, as I should be able to offset it by getting a good deal on the next car (hopefully)

Exactly what I had to do mate. Getting a part-ex too opened up a few doors with respect to potential buyers, and as the part-ex value is very low I have free'd up a large amount of money from the car to get out of debt, then possible part-ex the part-ex in against something else when my situation improves!

well, I can now actually say the main reason for selling now is we're having a baby and therefore I need a four door more practical car :D, I'm thinking along the lines of an Audi S4 maybe, but may have to settle for something less exciting so I can teach the missus how to drive.

so a bump (in more places than one ;)) for this week

What are the chances of you selling the racing harts? Free bump anyway

Posted via Mobile Device

I'd like to sell as one, as I haven't got any other wheels, so would have to get some either seperately (which is a lot of hassle) or as part ex. on them. Open to offers...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.