The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rare Green Facelift Auto BPU TT

razza

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image (most of the bling is now off the car)

It’s a 1996 Facelift extremely rare Original Toyota Green (not black, red or silver) TT!!! Out of 160 Supras at Japfest this was the only stock Green coloured one. This car was September on the club’s calendar.

It's BPU so at 1.2bar on the UK turbos (stronger blades so can take more boost and power) it should be pushing around 400BHP. It pulls very hard and strong on both turbos and leaves most cars behind.

This used to be owned by Greenpeace (off the forum, not the activists) and has a lot of money thrown at it over the years. Tasteful mods in line with keeping with the car I believe, it took me a long time to find this one, so sorry to see it go:(.

Turbocharger & Induction:

Standard airbox being refitted (known to be the best option for keeping airtemps down)

HKS Turbo Timer

HKS electronic boost controller running 1 bar, with higher boost setting at 1.2bar for spirited fun

Miami GT side mounted intercooler

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Fuel pump upgrade

FCD fitted

HKS Steel hoses

Speed limiter removed

NGK plugs

Exhaust:

Blitz Nur Spec R

HKS midpipes

Full Decat

No RR needed as UK Spec Turbos

Drivetrain:

Torsen LSD, the favoured uprated factory version:eyebrows:

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

Lowered Blistein suspension

Racing Hart 19" CRs – extremely rare, no longer available, worth £2k alone

Eagle F1's all round (+rears brand new just fitted recently at £300 cost)

UK Brakes on front and back (had new pistons fitted by Phoenix about 1.5 yrs ago, not just the refurb kit)

Red Dot 5.1 fluid

CW fast road pads

Goodridge braided brakelines all round

Interior & ICE:

Custom Green/Black Leather Seats and armrests with Silver piping/Supra logos in headrests

Rear seats re-trimmed in black leather

OEM Chrome dash rings

Aluminium mirror and cigarette lighter surrounds

Aluminium dash light adjustment dial

DVD Alpine Screen with DVD Sat Nav and TV tuner and remote (cost £1500)

Pioneer Chrome Amps x2, Pioneer Subwoofer (v loud) within custom boot build

Infinity speakers all round in front and back with tweeters built into the door cards

Snooper S6Neo with fixed camera and mobile camera detection (GPS tracked via 4 satellites) New OEM Toyota Supra Mats in black

Engine Dress (a lot of cosmetic parts in the above photos has now been removed):

Strut bar

HKS pipes for intercooler and exhaust

Polished top radiator pipe

Red piping set

Exterior:

Tinted/Security Windows

HID low beams 6000k

White 6 LED sidelights

Original OEM Side skirts (not fibreglass replicas)

Original OEM Rear Spats (as above)

Colour coded bottom front lip

Mesh in front air intakes

UK bonnet scoop (cosmetic)

UK glass headlights, not plastic ones that yellow

Liquidart Toyota badges with devil horns, and liquid art Supra badge on boot

Private plate W7 SUP will come with the car

Cambelt was changed 9k miles ago, along with the cam seal.

No smoke on start up, or on boost, and idles very steadily and smoothly (has a nice purr). It pulls very strong:D

The mileage on the car is currently 114k miles, however the engine and turbos are less than half that as replaced this year by ToyotaGT. I have the service book with the previous stamps in it from import in 2000, plus all the receipts since I’ve had it.

Selling due to the fact I need something more practical for work.

The price reflects the rarity of this colour:cool:, the work that’s gone into it, and the new low mileage engine and UK turbos.

8 months MOT

6 months tax

I’ll consider p/x for an Audi S4

07786 011887

Hi razza - still no luck. Saw Simon last night at the Fairmile BBQ. Hope you sell it mate

'fraid not, reduced it to try and shift it, not going to go lower..

good luck mate - what have you seen to replace it then? We're virtually looking at exactly the same cars as replacements!

Worked out finances and can go for a newer Audi S4 V8:eyebrows:, but most likely will go for a Leon Cupra R so we can finish the house quicker. Then I'll get a new toy;)

Hi, lovely car. Quick question, ITs a 96' but on a W plate ???

SBK

was imported in 2000 as registered as such with the DVLA at the time. So although the VIN and documents show it's a '96, it's registered with the DVLA as a 2000. It happens on a few imports, think Jezz has one which is a 52 plate or something...;)

Ive already got one :-)

A 96' facelift black, Rz tt auto. Had it for over 6 years now, used it to drive to work and back. Done 100K miles in the beauty, and it has never broken down or gone wrong.

Ive just signed it over to my brother, as Im now into 4x4's and M3's

SBK

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching this one as this is one of my favourite cars on here. I still can't see me driving an auto though??:tempted:

Darren, are there any marks on the wheels? This would mess with my OCD......:D

Also, are you open to offers as I sense that money is a real issue for you at the moment?

Pm if you like!!

H.

you may be surprised by the auto on a BPU mkiv. I have had a 6sp and gone back to an auto as I find it way more fun.

Worth a try.

When you say "fun" what is it specifically?? I imagine the driving experience to be a little less involving than having a manual. That said, I drove my dads Merc to Le Mans a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so much I got done for speeding........:D

H.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.