The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gary Glitter...

JustGav

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth does a 10 year old girl need to wear clothes that an 18 year old or older would wear?!

All kids want to be like grown ups - they see it as the ultimate freedom, not having to go to school or do homework. Little do they know.

...they sell pole dancing kits for children...

Start 'em young - it must take years of practise to do some of the tricks those girls can do :taped:

That was a joke by the way, before anyone goes off on one.

Seriously though, exercise is a good thing, so anything that gets the youth of today fit and healthy must be a good thing?

And 'glitter'? Like it or not, he's a brit, therefore Britain has a responsibility to the world to keep him here.

All kids want to be like grown ups - they see it as the ultimate freedom, not having to go to school or do homework. Little do they know.

Start 'em young - it must take years of practise to do some of the tricks those girls can do :taped:

That was a joke by the way, before anyone goes off on one.

Seriously though, exercise is a good thing, so anything that gets the youth of today fit and healthy must be a good thing?

And 'glitter'? Like it or not, he's a brit, therefore Britain has a responsibility to the world to keep him here.

Your not as out of line as you think. We are pretty close minded as a society and need to look at ourselves with our judgement as well as other people.

Type pole dancing into youtube. Ignore the tarts and focus on the proper pole dancers. Its bloody amazing and takes a lot of skill and fitness to achieve what the better ones can do.

Applying that logic a bit further. Doesn't society here in the UK then have a responsibility to lock him away to protect the vulnerable?

If only!

For doing what precisely? He's done his time for the pictures on his PC. He's done his time for what he did in Vietnam.

Do you think he should be sectioned for mental illness? Imprisoned _before_ actually doing something wrong? How far down that path do you want to go? Pro-active punishment because someone (you perhaps?) might one day rape/beat/drunkenly brawl with someone? Pro-active fines because you _might_ speed in the future? Pro-active court appearances for possibly dropping litter some day?

For doing what precisely? He's done his time for the pictures on his PC. He's done his time for what he did in Vietnam.

Do you think he should be sectioned for mental illness? Imprisoned _before_ actually doing something wrong? How far down that path do you want to go? Pro-active punishment because someone (you perhaps?) might one day rape/beat/drunkenly brawl with someone? Pro-active fines because you _might_ speed in the future? Pro-active court appearances for possibly dropping litter some day?

While legally you are correct, I'd disagree on moral grounds, if I saw him walking towards one of my kids then 'appropriate action' would be taken

PS : He as ACTUALLY done something wrong, and that has been proven.

Isnt it true that in the middle east or somewhere like that, they give the criminal capital punishment??

Yes you can lock burglars away and you can lock a paedo away but when they come back out the paedo needs more restrictions placed upon them than the burglar because society regards the threat the paedo poses as too great and too uncontrollable. There is a point at which society needs to feel both justice and fairness to all parties applies. Emotionally I want to give him a slow lingering death but logically I want to protect us (including other people in other countries) and him from whatever drives him and others like him whilst maintaining dignity as a human being.

In my opinion, he's a scum bag and should have been given life...

But yes legally he has served his time for the offences. Yes he should be placed on our sex offender register as a potential threat... but do we have the right to keep him in this country? If other countries are willing to let him in that's their problem.

...do we have the right to keep him in this country? If other countries are willing to let him in that's their problem.

Of course we do. Contrary to popular belief, people don't actually have the "right" to travel abroad. A passport is a privilege which can be removed.

What other country would let him in now anyway?

You seem to have missed my point TOTALLY.

What I said was

Applying that logic a bit further. Doesn't society here in the UK then have a responsibility to lock him away to protect the vulnerable?

I didn't mention punishment at all - I mentioned protecting the vulnerable. It has been proven that he's a dangerous paedophile. When you yourself said

he's a brit, therefore Britain has a responsibility to the world to keep him here
I could have said 'For doing what, exactly?" But I agreed with your logic that we need to keep him from practising his sordid ways abroad and suggested that we should also protect the vulnerable in our own country.

Sod punishment - I don't particularly care whether he lives or dies, but I do care that nobody should have to become his victim ever again.

Paedophiles are dangerous, devious and ruthless people who will perform terrible acts without any thought for their victims, caring only about their own self gratification. So many of these people when they end up in court have their barristers proclaim to the judge that they 'recognise their problem' and are 'actively seeking help to defeat it'. BUT, did you know that there has never been a documented instance where a paedophile has sought such help PRIOR to being caught? The only reason they seek help is because they know they're in the sh!t and want the sentence reduced as much as possible by giving a 'full and frank' confession.

I'm all for rehabilitation of offenders, but where the offender presents such a grave physical danger to the most vulnerable members of society, I say lock them up to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Punishment doesn't really come into it for me, I'm afraid.

BUT, did you know that there has never been a documented instance where a paedophile has sought such help PRIOR to being caught?

Where did you get that gem of information? I was listening to a similar debate on radio two the other week - one guest was someone in exactly that position: he was worried by his urges, sought help from his doctor, and wound up on the sex-offenders register, without having done anything wrong.

Gary Glitter is a paedophile who has been tried and convicted in a foriegn country. Is hounding him while he is here going to achieve anything? Do you not think that his attitude to this is a follow on from his days as a pop star, where he was no doubt surrounded by hangers on and yes men, leading him into this deluded world where he believed he was above everyone else, including the law and that they loved him. It happens time and time again to our so called "stars". What about the footballers who "spit roasted" the girl in her hotel room, are they going to be hounded as sex offenders for the rest of their life. Even I committed a crime, shoplifting when I was a teenager, am I going to be followed the rest of my days because I "may" shoplift.

Gary Glitter is in the media spotlight here, and I very much doubt he will have the opportunity to reoffended, but what about those lurking in the shadows, they are the ones we should be really worried about!!