The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nightshifts

mathew

are really starting to wear me out! this is my 12th week doing them and im just constantly shattered and struggle to sleep in the day. i havnt long got back from a 2 hours sleep in my car which hasnt helped much as im still pooped.

i travel up here on a sunday afternoon and go straight into the nightshifts that evening through until friday morning then go home for the weekend but its not as if i have days off as they are then spent sleeeping. only another 2 weeks to go after this one and then i get 4weeks off which il most probably spend sleeping. how do other people cope working nights and trying to sleep in the day?

We don't do any nightshift but we used to. I absolutely loved it, if i didn't have a Wife i would have did it constant. I would go to bed at 8 and my Wife would wake me up at around 7. I slept like a baby, i have always been a night person though.

Loads of sleep, extra money and only 4 shifts to work.... win win win.

I guess i am one of the lucky ones though as a lot of the guys i work with looked like zombies.

i used to do nights for a long time, i used to totally reverse things, like arrive home shut the curtains, watch the evening before,s tv have a couple of beers then bed, worked for me:D

Thats the same as what i did, not quite to the TV extreme but i totally reversed my life. People wondered what i was doing cooking a full meal at 5 in the morning.

I used to love doing nightshifts. I didn't really change my routine much at all... Get up around 10am, go to gym for a few hours, "do stuff" during day and arrive at work for 8pm. Work for 2 hours, wait until everyone goes home and then sleep for about 6-7 hours. Fabricate all the test results of the work I was supposed to be doing, hide the evidence and then go home at 6am. :innocent: I was paid double time too.

I usually work days during the week and then a couple of night shifts at the weekend and it really messes me up. Just have to grab an hour or two of sleep in the van whenever I can, which was fine when I had a big Transit I could stretch out across the front seats in, but now I've got a Connect, I have to twist myself around the handbrake etc and it cripples me. :(

Had a week of night shifts the other week though on fault cover (waiting for things to go wrong, which they never did) which was pretty good - spent the first few hours watching telly, then set up my hammock and went to sleep for 6 or 7 hours. :D