The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fleabay to*sers

bigcol

Good old fleabay, never cease to amaze me, had less than 1 min left on my listing the phone was up to over 300 quid with 20 odd bids and the tw*ts pulled the advert and sent me this email, what about the other bidders? This is bang out of order.

Dear cjeb1974

Thank you for listing the following items on eBay. We have removed these listings and will credit all fees to your account because it has come to our attention that the items were bought without the account owner's authorisation. We are now restoring the account to its owner.

260275094836 - NOKIA N95 8GB BLACK. UNLOCKED TO ANY NETWORK BNIB

Please be assured that there is no negative mark on your account because of this. We only removed your listing so that we could credit all of your Insertion and Final Value Fees and prevent any further problems arising such as Unpaid Item disputes or negative feedback.

The items should be shown in the "Unsold" section of My eBay and you are free to relist them from there.

Note: We will credit all fees for these listings to your account, however it may take up to ten days for all the Insertion and Final Value Fee credits to be shown on your account status page.

Thank you for your understanding in this difficult matter. If you have any questions or require assistance, you can contact us from any eBay Help page.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

got to re-list the bloody thing again now and its not shown up as unsold so i have to write the listing again..

what ever happened to "second chance offer" fookin winkers:(

also the fact you now HAVE to take paypal (owned by ebay) on nearly all the listings. and my experience is when people pay by cheque they always receive their purchase. when they pay with paypal they go missing! (like the postie knows when to steal paypal items!!) - it is anti-competative and a charter for lying cheating b'stard buyers.

Actually, I think what they've done is pretty fair.

Any second chance bidder could get pretty miffed at having their own bids inflated by the dodgy bids.

The only other fair way to redress the issue would be to cancel ALL bids from the dodgy account. However, then you may well end up with the item going for a whole lot less than you anticipated.

At least this way you get to start from scratch and have an honest chance of selling it.

Actually, I think what they've done is pretty fair.

Any second chance bidder could get pretty miffed at having their own bids inflated by the dodgy bids.

The only other fair way to redress the issue would be to cancel ALL bids from the dodgy account. However, then you may well end up with the item going for a whole lot less than you anticipated.

At least this way you get to start from scratch and have an honest chance of selling it.

but when you look at it the second highest bidder was only paying what he was prepared to pay anyway its not as though he/she was going to pay any more was it?

I've had enough of trying to sell on ebay - I had one the other day, saying "shipping charges bear no resemblance to reality" - a : how do they know what it cost me to ship the goods to France as I use a Royal Mail account, and b : then why pay them only to then complain about them ?

Absolutely hate ebay now - to$$ers.

ive tried to sell on the bay and the cancelled 4 of my 5 items.... due to me saying "i reserve the right to end the auction as they are advertised elsewhere."

You show me an advert that doesnt say that! :rolleyes:

I now only buy on there and even then its never more than £30.