The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big intake manifold...Traders?

JamieP

Yes' date=' very pleased (same as Terminators). Its a high quality clone of the mega expensive Jun system. Spent some time blueprinting it to the head, went from 570 to 610bhp.[/quote']

I am very pleased with mine, I asked for it not to be polished, so it cost even less. I put in a cheeky offer, which was accepted. It need some work to mate it to the head, but I expected to do that with any plenum runners as my head is ported. I am using a Q45 TB and it mated up perfectly. I can't remember how much it cost, but it is excellent value for money. The gasket set was quite amusing;) but not a problem as I had several spare bits of stock sets. As yet no problems but no verifiable data as yet.

We got a Greddy plenum for the RB engine. The main advantage that I can see is it was quicker to fit, as everything was in exactly the right place so direct bolt on. My copy needed parts bit welding on to achieve what I wanted. Most of those part would have been fitted to Greddy from the factory. But my build is far from standard.;)

Did it move your powerband to the right when you changed it, do you have before and after dyno results? Cheers!

every tuning book i have ever read states the power band will be pushed further up the curve with shorter intake runners, fact, so less bottom end grunt at the expense of a bit of top end, it would be nice to see a dyno graph of a single turbo before and after the "big" plenum was fitted, but i'm sure Jamies got better things to do than keep us lot amused :D, tbh i think a lot of these get fitted with very little thought of the engine tuning and more for cosmetics

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.