The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to change club insurer from year to year? Sky aren't exactly cutting us some great deals here
No. You have to remember that choosing and setting up the Sky deal took over 8 months to do! I don't have the time to do that every year.

However, I am constantly reviewing the feedback we receive about them and will contact them as needed if they are no longer providing a good deal.

Unfortunely insurance is a conplex thing and we'll never be able to get a scheme which provides everyone with cheap insurance. One of the reasons for choosing Sky was because they actually knew about Supras and were also offering to provide like for like/agreed value cover, which is rare these days.

In the interest of making this scheme work for the club and it's members you might want to pm UIG with all your details and ask why it is so high.

£1100 here, 1996 JDM RZ-S all mods declared on like for like, guaranteed value, Full protected no claims (6 years), 29 with no points.

Seems Okay to me. Yeah, sure would prefer it to be lower... what d'ya do. :shrug:

If You think that Sky are high, just try out some of the standard players. even before I mentioned any of the above - £1900 with Norwich Union (they assumed a basic UK Spec 1996 Supra) ... Happy ? I think not.

Jae was really helpful with me, and gave the impression that he knew what I was talking about. :respekt:

Mike

For the record, Sky Insurance - Yula (I thnk) said she couldnt insure me as they, or rather their underwriters predominantly deal with customers from the South.

She said once the underwriters heard what city (Liverpool) I was from they kept giving over £3000 - thats with 1 years NCB and Im 28 and no points.

Mad thing is the postcode Im in (L31) with the lowest risk in the entire city along with Formby.

:(

For the record, Sky Insurance - Yula (I thnk) said she couldnt insure me as they, or rather their underwriters predominantly deal with customers from the South.

She said once the underwriters heard what city (Liverpool) I was from they kept giving over £3000 - thats with 1 years NCB and Im 28 and no points.

Mad thing is the postcode Im in (L31) with the lowest risk in the entire city along with Formby.

:(

What you have been told by Ula is not exactly true. Sure some areas are more expensive to insure than others, but thats not to say we can not quote people in those areas. The higher rated areas are certainly not restricted to the north, ask anyone who has a Luton or East london postcode.

I am the underwriter for these policies and I don't want predominantly southern areas. I want a balanced book of business with all areas low and high rated.

P.s When you guys call us if you ask for the club scheme department you will speak to myself or Scott, which should insure no one is given incorrect info again.

Cheers Jae

We just went thru the "usual", and found most quotes were in fact fairly

similar....

~700-800 TT (UK OR Jap !?!)

~550-650 N/A

this is 40-odd-something :rolleyes: /

3 years NCB

Urban

Driveway

2 drivers (1 with SP30 and £10,000 THEFT)

The WORST quote/lack of knowledge was Direct Line, who quoted TT and N/A

exactly the same... even after PHONING and pointing out the not insignificant

Horse Power difference !?!?! (She even went and double checked with a

supervisor ?)

The others all seemed to ask similar questions and DID know N/A v TT.

We have finally gone with Sky because A) they were "equal" lowest quote

(or thereabouts) but also B) MUCH more helpful and seemed to know WHAT to

ask WITHOUT penalizing for the ANSWERS !!!

Just HATE using a company who sounds like they don't even have ANY interest in finding out about the cars they're INSURING !?!?!?!

As long as they come out equal lowest and KEEP it there, I will stay with them

FatS.

Hmmmmm!! What a predicament!!

Insurance due in 3 weeks, so I phoned Sky. Very helpful, declared all mods + agreed value .. came to about £750.

Job done, I thought. BUT ... I just got a letter from Admiral (my current insurer) to tell me my insurance was due soon. Their new quote was included ..... wait for it ....... £469 full comp :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sooo ... what do I do! Agreed value is great, but I could really do with the £300 saving that Admiral are going to give me right now!! Maybe Sky can improve on my quote if I ask, but I doubt it will be £300 better!!

Cheers, J

Hmmmmm!! What a predicament!!

Insurance due in 3 weeks, so I phoned Sky. Very helpful, declared all mods + agreed value .. came to about £750.

Job done, I thought. BUT ... I just got a letter from Admiral (my current insurer) to tell me my insurance was due soon. Their new quote was included ..... wait for it ....... £469 full comp :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sooo ... what do I do! Agreed value is great, but I could really do with the £300 saving that Admiral are going to give me right now!! Maybe Sky can improve on my quote if I ask, but I doubt it will be £300 better!!

Cheers, J

Is the Admiral one with all mods declared too?