The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with my insurance coming up for renewal i contacted jae and with all mods etc stated he came up with a good figure

38 yo, FNCB agreed price 11000...546 with 350 excess

however - just got my elephant quote and its 366 with 250 excess

as much as i like the idea of an agreed price...elephant wins for me

must be an age thing :D

with my insurance coming up for renewal i contacted jae and with all mods etc stated he came up with a good figure

38 yo, FNCB agreed price 11000...546 with 350 excess

however - just got my elephant quote and its 366 with 250 excess

as much as i like the idea of an agreed price...elephant wins for me

must be an age thing :D

Just check you have like for like cover on your mods?

Dave :devil:

there are a few questions i keep asking myself... are £1000 worth of mods worth losing over a piddly £200 ???? weighed up against....I'm not such a hooligan behind the wheel ...then there's also the fight you have with certain insurance companies should something go wrong....then theres - what about my wheels??? I think have to talk to my financial advisor :conf:

more i think on this more i do want the sky package (will that include disney?)

:giveup: :D

there are a few questions i keep asking myself... are £1000 worth of mods worth losing over a piddly £200 ????

It's simple. If you need to claim and haven't declaired your mods and they find out - they'll refuse to pay. Anything they can do to get out of paying they will.

I'm with Sky, they're just brokers at the end of the day. I think my insurance is with Endsleigh - so don't worry about payment.

I have mentioned every mod i have...and am waiting to decat number 1 and put uk brakes on. i know that elephant will knock me up for the new items so will most probably contact Jae and get it sorted out...better to be safe and wealthy than carless and poor should there be an accident :D touch wood!!!

Just insured my 93 J-Spec TT through Sky. They were the cheapest except for elepant.co.uk but I decided to pay the extra £70 for the peace of mind that I haven't been mis-insured.

:thanks:

Hi Guys,

Can someone post the number for Sky Insurance?

I can't get access to the website at http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk - is it down for everybody?

My renewal with A-Plan is £886, £50K legal and £450 xs, protected NCB.

Quote with Elephant is £828, £100K legal and £250 xs, protected NCB.

Age 35, 6 years NCB, Bradford, J-Spec TT6.

Need to see if Sky can beat that!

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks for the number imi - web site working for me now.

Sky's initial quote was around £950, but after speaking to the underwriters, they called me back with £746, £350 xs, protected NCB (6 years), £50K legal, with an option of an extra £35 for a guaranteed value - loads better than A-Plan and quite a bit better than Elephant.

It'll be interesting to see what A-Plan change their quote to when I call them to say I can get it considerably cheaper somewhere else - I hate it when insurance companies don't give you the best price straight away - if they don't manage to beat Sky by quite a margin, then they're not gonna get my business, just because of that fact!

I won't use Adrian Flux after an issue I had with them a quite a while ago on an FTO.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I just spoke to Jake @ Sky and he has managed to get it under Admiral's quote of £1200.....by 40 quid. Still by the time my Supra rolls in I may have an extra year no claims disount :-)

Ask about a guaranteed value. Bloody glad I did, I think I needed it!! Only another £30 but may have saved me several grand!!

J :)

Well I made a mistake and actually said 2 years NCB instead of 3 and.........they lobbed an extra £114 off the price making it only £1046!!!!!

Not bad eh!

Oh and Adrian FLux said £2400 with all the same details so I won't be using them :thumbdown

Hi Guys

I am really disappointed to hear that people have not been called back by Sky Insurance. On behalf of Sky I would like to apologise to anyone who is unhappy with the level of service they have received, as this is something we take great pride in. I am not sure how this could have happened. I have arranged a staff meeting tonight to go through these posts and try and get to the bottom of it. If anyone is waiting for a call or has a problem with their policy I would be greatful if you send me a PM or Email and I will deal with it immediately.

It is my job to look after everyone at the club and make sure that no one has problems with their insurance, so am always happy to hear from you with any queries or questions you may have.

Hi Guys

I am really disappointed to hear that people have not been called back by Sky Insurance. On behalf of Sky I would like to apologise to anyone who is unhappy with the level of service they have received, as this is something we take great pride in. I am not sure how this could have happened. I have arranged a staff meeting tonight to go through these posts and try and get to the bottom of it. If anyone is waiting for a call or has a problem with their policy I would be greatful if you send me a PM or Email and I will deal with it immediately.

It is my job to look after everyone at the club and make sure that no one has problems with their insurance, so am always happy to hear from you with any queries or questions you may have.

:respekt: