The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra pushing out loads of white smoke from exhaust !!!

lui

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from toyota gt done few checks while was there.

Done leak down test & all 6 cylinders under 10% so was told enbine block all fine they will be stripping down some of the turbo pipework tomorrow to check out turbo's condition.

To right at least I know engine all ok

Also A pic of the 6 plugs taken out showing signs of over fuelling

I suppose you didn't get a chance to see if boost characteristics where as usual when it started churning out the smoke.

Was the static pressure still ok, fuel pressure regulator ok? Though if was overfuelling, would have thought black smoke would be a symptom.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be anything too major mate.:(

Crazy how bad a rep Hybrids get and yet turbo re-manufacurers still churn them out promising they'll last you a lifetime.

Has the EGT probe theory been eliminated, did they whip out the probe and have a look?

They will be taking turbo pipework of tomorrow checking out the turbo's & checking EGT probe out as well easier to get to when turbo pipework off

I suppose you didn't get a chance to see if boost characteristics where as usual when it started churning out the smoke.

Was the static pressure still ok, fuel pressure regulator ok? Though if was overfuelling, would have thought black smoke would be a symptom.

They will be checking all that out tomorrow

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Also thought I say as well today is the first time that I have been to Toyota GT & just want to say great bunch of guys working there all very helpful know there stuff & excellent workshop facilities in well situated location too & very secure place would'nt even know that there was a workshop there.

Edited by lui (see edit history)

To right at least I know engine all ok

Also A pic of the 6 plugs taken out showing signs of over fuelling

They only show what it was doing the last time it was running....coughing it's lungs up....

Doubt there was anything wrong on the engine and that the turbo's have eaten EGT...

Also thought I say as well today is the first time that I have been to Toyota GT & just want to say great bunch of guys working there all very helpful know there stuff & excellent workshop facilities in well situated location too & very secure place would'nt even know that there was a workshop there.

Really nice guys - suprised you managed to find it with your sense of direction Lui :)

Hope it all OK for you and just the turbos (saying 'just' of course - pretty big decision time again?)

agree single time now lui as you may not get replacements very quick as they are under warranty they will want to investigate before replacing them (hope i am wrong but warranty stuff has never run smooth for me) hope it all goes well and quick mate;)

Lui's got an auto box though...

PHR Stage 1 or T61 on a mild boost setting would be fine on the Auto box, remove all that complex twin turbo stuff, would give a reliable set up and allow some extra space for a couple more neons I would have thought ;)

I ran a T04R for a while on the Auto box and yes it broke it in the end but it lasted for more that 3 years on that set up with a good tranny cooler

problem found!

egt sensor ok, but large amounts of oil from the exhaust side of the first turbo.

:blink:

James

Thanks James & very pleased problem found & also EGT sensor OK & not caused them problem on to Gaz at Envy now to see were I stand with warranty seeming that they have ONLY done 7,000 miles & not a year since I have had my car running since Mark@Pheonix done full engine re-build & all mods to match & hopefully will be all OK