The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Indoor Cats

caliAl

My 2 cats are indoor cats, partly cos we moved from a quiet area to a close that as a lot of traffic, so I didn't want them going on the road in a new area, and partly because my new kitten is an exotic longhair so don't want him going walkies into someone elses hands :D (plus he is a bit dim anyway)

They do go out if we are also outside to keep an eye on them, but to be honest they don't seem to go far anyway, or just laze under the bushes. Only once has my eldest gotten over the fence, but she came back round pretty quick when she realised she was lost!

Going back to the name thing, another name I had in mind for my cat was Brembo. Decided on Shelby, though as Brembo sounded too masculine for a female cat.

This is when she was a kitten and tired out after playing hard all evening. She's a British Shorthair and has never been outdoors.

This is our other cat, (Pink) Floyd. He's also a British Shorthair, but is what is known as a Red-tipped. Under his coat is pure white, but the tips of his hairs are red. When he was a kitten this made him look pink. Hence the name. He's only ever been outdoors on a leash, but soon wants to go inside again.

I have a Norweigen forest cat and he has made a great indoor pet. He is a bit big but doesn't mind just lazing around the house, he is now 17yrs old and still plays like a kitten.

I now live in the back of nowhere so he can go out and play, but to be honest he ain't really fussed.

Litter trays are the biggest problem with indor cats.......bloody pain and can smell if you dont keep on top of them.

Good luck with the Birmans, they are a lovely breed.

Regards

Thanks for all the advice :)

With indoor cats do you have any cat furniture like cat trees or are they just happy to wonder round the house?

Doesn't quite reach the ceiling... (excuse the crappy phone pic)

He's quite happy charging up and down it but doesn't sleep on it much. It's downstairs now and he uses it to launch off onto the stairs or to just sit on top watching you when you're in the kitchen.

Doesn't quite reach the ceiling... (excuse the crappy phone pic)

He's quite happy charging up and down it but doesn't sleep on it much. It's downstairs now and he uses it to launch off onto the stairs or to just sit on top watching you when you're in the kitchen.

LOL Fischer Price for cats, is he still happy with his large playmate?

did put some more pics of our Siamese up on another thread when you asked, don't know if you saw them? I'll look for it,and put up a link if you like.

LOL Fischer Price for cats, is he still happy with his large playmate?

did put some more pics of our Siamese up on another thread when you asked, don't know if you saw them? I'll look for it,and put up a link if you like.

I did see them yeah, didn't realise you had so many! They're all cool, but I like Odo. :)

I was going to reply on that other thread but I forgot. We've let Yoshi out in the garden a few times now while keeping a close eye on him. He could get through the gate or jump over the fence at the right hand side if he wanted to, he's a wimp though and usually just runs inside if he hears a loud noise. He's not too sure about this big "outside" place.

edit: and yes he's still fine with Kita, he'll bully her something rotten though, but then curl up and sleep with her once she gets fed up and growls at him.

I did see them yeah, didn't realise you had so many! They're all cool, but I like Odo. :)

I was going to reply on that other thread but I forgot. We've let Yoshi out in the garden a few times now while keeping a close eye on him. He could get through the gate or jump over the fence at the right hand side if he wanted to, he's a wimp though and usually just runs inside if he hears a loud noise. He's not too sure about this big "outside" place.

edit: and yes he's still fine with Kita, he'll bully her something rotten though, but then curl up and sleep with her once she gets fed up and growls at him.

Yes Odo is a bit of a character, he loves his belly as you can see the bugger weighs 15lbs, we keep trying to cut his food down but he just keeps stealing from the others, got a pic of him somewhere stealing a whole mince pie one Christmas:)

I live with 3 indoor cats (not the other way around) as my ex owns them. When she moves out she'll take them with her.

2 HUGE cat tree's, take up most of the spare-room. 3 litter trays as well. Love 'em to bits, but being black long-haired cats with beige carpet is not a wise choice, and it's a lot of work to keep the place tidy.