The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Unique Condition

FuR

Modifying a car is like a good meal...

DO IT...ENJOY IT... BUT IT AINT NEVER COMING BACK :)

yup ive learnt that the hard way in the last 3 months, im a nightmare with cars, always chopping and changing, always losing money

yup ive learnt that the hard way in the last 3 months, im a nightmare with cars, always chopping and changing, always losing money

You know what to do then don't sell the bloody thing keep it from the pictures look's very nice;)

it didnt sell for 8k, its still for sale, i wouldnt let it go for that in a MILLION YEARS ;)

I suppose you are expecting bad feedback in that case?

This is one of the things i hate, if you are not willing to let it go for the winning bid then you should have put a reserve on it.

i had a friend who was bidding on the car for me so i will not get negative feedback, and i cant justify paying ebay 100.00 to put a reserve on it, they make enough out of me anyway!!!!

ive decided to keep the car now anyway

Ill be honest with you bud. I dont think the car is worth more than 8k.

Regardless of what you spent on it or how much you bought it for its still an old car and its still an auto.

Manuals are the only cars that seem to demand any sort of £.

I think by the sounds of it your better off keeping it like you say.

i had a friend who was bidding on the car for me so i will not get negative feedback, and i cant justify paying ebay 100.00 to put a reserve on it, they make enough out of me anyway!!!!

ive decided to keep the car now anyway

to be honest mate, this pisses me off even more, can understand the fees thing but getting someone to drive up bids for you!!! bit of a waste anyway as you still have to pay the insertion fee!!!!!:)

Guest flipper

An 1997 auto is worth £8-9K max irrespective of money spent....96% of Supra are auto's...manuals demand £2-3k more ALL DAY LONG

...cars COST money they dont make money....unless you are mechanically minded,can spot the good and bad, work on them yourself, have ALL your friends in the trade....and finally if not firstly IMPORT them yourself :D

Also dont go Single Turbo as negative equity as soon as you decide to go down that road......

Thats what I do...I have had cost free motoring for years

I though that eBay rules say that if no reserve the highest bidder wins! so if your friend was the highest he should buy it from you. If you want more than 10k for it surely you have to put a reserve of at least your bottom line figure otherwise your wasting money on the insertion which you pay and get no takers! If you get the reserve price then the 100 quid is included - isn't it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.