The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am i asking to much 1998 vvti TT £10,500

Guest rnewton

Guest rnewton

I've seen the market dip for Supras over the past two years - i paid £16k for mine 3 yrs ago, but am now having trouble selling it for £10.5k. Am i asking too much?

i must say i'm tempted to keep it, replace the original double din head-unit and speakers and may be loose the rear spoiler...

add on Pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/636342.htm

Seems like a fair price to me. The problem you've got is that the ass has fallen right out of the market. Maybe ask Jurgen to advertise it abroad? That's where all the nice Supras are going these days.

It's a lovely car though mate, don't take any silly offers on her if you can afford to wait.

If anything that's cheap. Everyone has been saying prices have crashed since I joined this forum 3 years ago. I've only seen them slowly decline, with age. I sold my 1994 TT for £10.5k earlier this year; I only advertised it on here, and the buyer was from Sweden. Maybe get an ad up on here.

If anything that's cheap. Everyone has been saying prices have crashed since I joined this forum 3 years ago. I've only seen them slowly decline, with age. I sold my 1994 TT for £10.5k earlier this year; I only advertised it on here, and the buyer was from Sweden. Maybe get an ad up on here.

Yep, I would certainly try for a higher asking price than £10,500

Doesn't seem cheap to me :shrug:

I bought a 34k mile Tip for £10k in 2004. It was advertised on here for months, initially at 14k with no takers. The price gradually dropped a little every few weeks, with lots of folks saying "OMG, too cheap!" and "I can't believe this hasn't been snapped up" etc etc - but nobody actually bought it.

When it got to 10k I bought it because it truely was undervalued at that price - but that was 3½ years ago.

To be fair, mine was that unpopular white colour and rnewton's is a really good colour, but still ...

Doesn't seem cheap to me :shrug:

I bought a 34k mile Tip for £10k in 2004. It was advertised on here for months, initially at 14k with no takers. The price gradually dropped a little every few weeks, with lots of folks saying "OMG, too cheap!" and "I can't believe this hasn't been snapped up" etc etc - but nobody actually bought it.

When it got to 10k I bought it because it truely was undervalued at that price - but that was 3½ years ago.

To be fair, mine was that unpopular white colour and rnewton's is a really good colour, but still ...

I think that one was in the wrong location and would've been snapped up in seconds if it were further south. As it was it didn't turn out to be such a bargain anyway. :(

The problem is how many people are right now actively looking for a nice vvti tiptronic? .....and there are 2 cheaper on autotrader.

There are IMO very very few first time supra buyers out there looking at the higher end of the market. I know we all think they are great but the average car buyer has a vast selection of maybe not as fast but certainly newer or more genuinely sporty or more prestigious marques.

eg

newer 52/53 nissan 350z

sportier 02 Elise

prestigious 3.2 Boxster

The problem is how many people are right now actively looking for a nice vvti tiptronic? .....and there are 2 cheaper on autotrader.

There are IMO very very few first time supra buyers out there looking at the higher end of the market. I know we all think they are great but the average car buyer has a vast selection of maybe not as fast but certainly newer or more genuinely sporty or more prestigious marques.

eg

newer 52/53 nissan 350z

sportier 02 Elise

prestigious 3.2 Boxster

I agree 100%, it is a very special market for the higher end now, most of which are on here or watching from abroad :)

eg

newer 52/53 nissan 350z

sportier 02 Elise

prestigious 3.2 Boxster

Can you get a Boxster S for this kind of money nowadays? (10½k)

Not that I'd buy one, cos they're all convertibles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.