The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Free Nokia N96 - O2 - £20pm 400mins, 1000txts

DamanC

Just called O2 to cancel my contract and move to 3 for a N95 8GB, naturally they wanted to offer me a better deal;

"Wait until the N96 is out and we will give you 400mins and 1000 txts and the phone at the same price as the n95 which is currently free all for £20pm"

I think they are calling BS to keep me as a customer, what do you guys think?

Anyone work for O2?

Dunno, they do seem to have alot of bargaining power when people threaten to leave, unless it's me and then they just seem to say bye :)

A couple of my mates have both argued to get cheaper phones and better/cheaper contracts but whenever I try they tell me they can't help...

I hate phone companies...:p

Best i got was for a mate, 30 quid PM on an 18 month contract with the N95 8gb free. Obviously if u have friends in the business then u can get better but this seems like the going rate. T-Mobile are just saying cheerio nowadays, they aren't doing any deals.

possible.

My mum said she was leaving she got

A new phone (not sure which but its quite good and fine for mum)

400 mins free (actually maybe 200 cant remember now) and a 1000 text...and the best

£180 credit on the account....this means she doesnt actually pay anything, the only way she has to pay is if she goes over her free mins and text. she has been with them 7 years. So it appears if you are within someone a long time you can get some great bargains!

They offered me a pretty good deal when I said I was moving to 3. Free new 6220, £20p/m and 600 mins, 1000 texts and free internet bolt on. So with less minutes than I was offered I suppose it seems reasonable they could give you a more valuable phone like the N96. I'd been with them 2 years. I ended up going with 3 as i'd already taken out the contract though.

Seriously Daman dont go near 3 they are a nightmare company i spent 2 years with them and ive never known anything like it! customer service was shocking and reception was so poor no matter where i was in town i couldnt get a signal and thats the last thing you need with your business.

They are absolute rubbish.

total crap. they did the same to me with the n95 8gb. stick around for a couple of months and we will give it to you for free they said. then when i called they said they couldnt do that and would never happen. so i played back the recording of the conversation and they had to honour it! haha.

I was with 3 - they are shocking imo! The WORST customer service I have ever had. And they mess you around unbelievably! Especially when you come to either change your tariff to a lower omne, or cancel.

I am now with o2! As far as im concerned they are really helpful, can speak english and havent messed me around yet!

Im on an 18 month online contact and i got a free n95 unlimited o2-o2 calls, 2000 texts and 600 free mins to any land line or mobile for £30.

I think they have better offers than that as well now.

Before 3 I was with orange, and they were not to bad either. I was paying quite a bit though so I changed to 3. Never again!

The 'Retention Team' at O2 have more power so can give you better deals than the regular upgrades team. I always bluff my way through to speaking to the Retention Team in order to get the better deals.

As for Three, well my Mom is with them and I guess you're getting the general idea on them! ;)

As for 18 month contracts, always insist on a 12 month!! They'll give it you in the end. They always encourage the 18 months as it's better commision for them as the privider hasn't got to upgrade the phone as soon...

I had a similar offer... my contract is due for upgrade. The foned me up and i said that i wanted the N96, not out yet so in the meatime they've dropped my tariff down fro £55 to £25 a month, upped my free calles from 600 to 1200mins to any network anytime, 1000txts instead of 500, Unlimited WAP for no more than £1 a day, and an Unlimited Txt Msj Bolt On!! BUT as soon as i get the N96 it goes up to £40. Still good i think

That's with 02

I had a similar offer... my contract is due for upgrade. The foned me up and i said that i wanted the N96, not out yet so in the meatime they've dropped my tariff down fro £55 to £25 a month, upped my free calles from 600 to 1200mins to any network anytime, 1000txts instead of 500, Unlimited WAP for no more than £1 a day, and an Unlimited Txt Msj Bolt On!! BUT as soon as i get the N96 it goes up to £40. Still good i think

That's with 02

Unlimited WAP is no more than £1 for everyone anyway, they were blowing smoke up your arse there regardless ;)

Unlimited WAP is no more than £1 for everyone anyway, they were blowing smoke up your arse there regardless ;)

Either way it doesnt make a difference... never use it :p

-

N96 http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n96-2253.php

Also this is a nice one thats about to be launched

Samsung i8510 INNOV8 http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8510_innov8-2471.php

• 7 months later...

Sorry to dredge this up.....

I just had some assclown phone asking me about this deal, this is exactly how the conversation went;

Me - "err Hi, yeah Was reading your post about Free Nokia N96 - O2 - £20pm 400mins, 1000txts......."

Me - "excuse me?"

IT - "you know, the post"

Me - "what post?"

IT - "the post about Nokia n96 400mins, 1000txts for £20pm, where did you get it?"

Me - *still thinking WTF is this gork on about* - "......where did you get my number?"

IT - "On the net! where did you get the deal?"

Me - "What do you mean 'on the net'?"

IT - "well if you type in mkiv.."

Me - *clicks* - "STOP! you mean to say you you fond this post in google and thought you would just phone me up and ask me where I got the O2 phone deal from?"

IT - "yeah! ......"

NEEEEEAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Are people that fucking cheeky? Im guessing IT followed the link to my comapny in my signature, got the number and thought "I know, ill phone up, talk like a fucktard and ask him about a post made 3 months ago!"

Anyone fancy phoning IT and asking where IT got its Tea mug from?

The 'Retention Team' at O2 have more power so can give you better deals than the regular upgrades team. I always bluff my way through to speaking to the Retention Team in order to get the better deals.

It's true.

I was going to leave for a better contract elsewhere, and they offered me the Sony C905 and 1400 Anytime Mins with 1000 Texts and Free internet all for £30pm.

Apparently as i was with them for a while, they could offer me just over 40% off usual blah blah blah.