The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silver '96 UK Spec TT 6 Speed Manual - CAT C

GetawayDriver

I’ve owned the car since March 2001 and a baby on the way forces very reluctant sale.

Firstly the car has a CAT C on log book.

This does not mean the car was extensively damaged or more seriously damaged than a CAT D as is commonly thought. It means that the insurer (Tesco - w*ankers) decided that repairing the car would exceed it's Pre Accident Value (PAV) and so was unecconomical to repair.

If you're interested you can read more about Salvage Categories and their Code of Practice on the Association of British Insurers website here.

http://www.abi.org.uk/Public/Consumer/Codes/MotorVehicleSalvage.pdf

I didn't have an agreed value policy with my insurer and the relatively high costs of parts from Toyota easily exceeded what my insurer believed to be the PAV of my car. They gave it a PAV of £6000 about half the price of what UK TT manuals were going for at the time of the accident in 2003. I disputed the amount but to no avail - they refused to accept the real market value even when presented with current adverts for similar cars.

The car then had to have a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) which of course it passed.

I have photos of the damage (1 attached) and the full rebuild process.

It has 165,000 miles and the car has a huge amount of history with the car, 28k worth of receipts for parts and maintenance, no expense has been spared in its upkeep.

it’s Lucerne Silver, factory black leather, black carpets, heated front seats, electric driver’s seat, mirrors, windows, (active front spoiler removed for inter cooler), MoMo steering wheel.

Rota GTR 18" wheels, Brand New Falken tyres with full 4 wheel alignment. Xenon headlights, Rod Millen rear spoiler, TRD replica side skirts and rear spats. Currently has a standard Jap front bumper on it after new speed humps were installed in my street and made short work of my do-luck replica front.

The car has been lightly modified and probably makes around 450bhp i would guess, never been dynoed. It has;

Large Front Mount Intercooler

Intercooler Hard pipe kit

HKS Super Dragger Exhaust

Both CATS removed (also have spare standard exhaust centre section with CAT for MOTs)

NGK iridium sparkplugs

550cc injectors (standard on UK car)

HKS SQV super sound dump valve

Fuel Cut Defender

Blitz SBC-iD Boost controller (currently running 1.2bar/17.5psi)

Blitz Power Meter-iD (shows power output, 0-60 times etc)

Blitz Turbo Timer

Handling wise it has;

Eibach sport springs

Bilstein fast road dampers

TRD brake pads all round

Braided brake lines

Whileline upgraded Anti Roll bars front and rear

Whiteline suspension Bushes

Spare set of JIC FLT-A2 coilover dampers.

Spare set of lowering springs (very low so switched to Eibachs)

Spare set of EBC Brake pads

Factory Viscous Torsen LSD.

Kenwood MP3/USB head unit, Blaupunkt speakers and small powered sub.

New CAT1 Toad alarm just fitted. Recent clutch and new OEM brake discs all round.

I'm looking for £7495 or very near offer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.