The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Long shot - Picture of a toy from my childhood.

MrRalphMan

When I was a lot younger I had what I think must be one of the best toys I ever had.

It was a set of Banger cars that were wired remote controlled.

They were yellow with detachable parts (Doors, Bonnet and Boot).

When they crashed, the parts dropped off. It you hit head-on just right they all fell off.

Absolutly loved em and spent hours being a yob and crashing into everything I could.

Now these would be mid/late 70's to early 80's.

Yep me too! One was red with yellow decals, and the other was yellow with red decals IIRC.

You smashed them head on, and the bumper's pushed all the parts off. Many moments of fun :)

EDIT: Or were they white and blue?! :blink:

Red and Yellow mate;)

Hence the reason why I'm enjoying the re-runs of Thunderbirds on SciFi this weekend. My other half thinks its daft, but she's much younger than me and doesn't understand :rolleyes:

As for the bangers, I'm doing lots of searches, but they are difficult to find.

They were good, but I remember losing bits, as I was probably a bit heavy handed with them!

Hence the reason why I'm enjoying the re-runs of Thunderbirds on SciFi this weekend. My other half thinks its daft, but she's much younger than me and doesn't understand :rolleyes:

As for the bangers, I'm doing lots of searches, but they are difficult to find.

They were good, but I remember losing bits, as I was probably a bit heavy handed with them!

I remember something similar to this but it wasn't wired remoted controlled. I seem to remember the cars had a pull cord thing that set them running and it was called 'Stock Car Smash-up'.

Link

Yep, that's them! Well the ones I had anyway.

My memory obviously isn't what it used to be though! :)

I remember something similar to this but it wasn't wired remoted controlled. I seem to remember the cars had a pull cord thing that set them running and it was called 'Stock Car Smash-up'.

Link

Yep, that's them! Well the ones I had anyway.

My memory obviously isn't what it used to be though! :)

• 2 months later...

Amazing, with a little luck and detective work...

First off I was playing with our youngest on the floor and looked over at a toy bucket, saw the Black Van on the top and something clicked.

Had a closer look and the sticker looked familiar .

Closer look and I know where it was from.

A quick google and I found this, but not really worth it as the exciting bits are missing.

But another search brought these up...

And the best bit, the Mrs has bought them for Christmas for me.. Oh I'm going to feel about 10 again.. :D