The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting Bored!

Tricky-Ricky

Don't get me wrong, although i love the Supra, now i have it almost perfect, i am reacting in the usual way, getting bored with it, its pretty quick, but i am starting to find that i want more low end/speed acceleration, i don't get the opportunity to do long motorway or good A road journeys, these days, and all my local roads are not very good, so I'm starting to feel like i would be better off with something more point and squirt quick, ie very quick from 0 to say 80-100, any suggestions, baring in mind it would need to be Supra money or less, as i would either sell the Supra or swap/px it, money my way;)

I started to get bored of mine, and so i bought a run around and made the supra go faster to make it more of a novelty rather than a necessity. At the end of the day you are always going to want something different. Every now and again i keep thinking of trading in both cars and getting a nice sporty saloon thats more of an all rounder, but i would soon get bored of that too.

Dare I suggest a TVR? I know you're mechanically minded and will look after one... or an older 'vette?

Nooooo! i would like to be able to drive it once in a while, rather than working on it, although there are a lot of people that would argue that point;) could be tempted with an older vette, but i'm not sure i could get used to LHD

I got a little bored of mine and returned the interior to bone stock - no gauges, displays, beeps, buzzes etc...nothing. The fuelling was all well setup and perfect and I was only running 1.1bar so well safe on everything so no real need for the gauges. I added a TRD steering wheel, swapped my Tein top mounts for stock ones and recirculated my BOV, put the stock airbox back in and it was like driving a new car. :D :D :D

Nooooo! i would like to be able to drive it once in a while, rather than working on it, although there are a lot of people that would argue that point;) could be tempted with an older vette, but i'm not sure i could get used to LHD

Again, depends on how much you will drive it but also how much patience you're willing to submit. I think a vette would be an interesting point but let me throw in a curveball... Jag XKR? It's auto only but you know 4.2L 'charged makes sense ;)

Get a properly sorted single, mapped by a professional ;) :p

If i honestly thought it would make that much difference i probably would, but i spite what you or others might think, i have every confidence in my abilities:p

i am also hard to please, and probably expect too much, and although i think i drive like Miss Daisy is a passenger, the last couple of people who have been passenger have welcomed the Jesus handle;)

You also have to bare in mind that i was brought up on, and spent most of my life riding bikes, so cars have a lot to live up to when it comes to acceleration, from my point of view, maybe a decent Evo, although the last one of those a drove was not impressive.