The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox 360

Swampy442

OK so this morning I came downstairs and fancied kicking a bit of arse on COD4 (translate into getting my arse handed to me by american teenagers lol). Turned the xbox on, and the controller wouldnt connect. Ok I thought, get a different controller. Still didnt work. So I turned it off, then on again, et voila red light, code E71 (hard drive) Bollox. Hard drive off, turned it on again and red ring of death. Again. AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!! :banghead:

Did a bit of button pushing and error codes tell me its the motherboard solder issue. :angry:

This is my third 360, and although I love the xbox Im getting mighty fooked off with them constantly breaking down, so I could be forced into looking at PS3s. With Gears of War 2 on the horizon Im loathe to sell all my 360 kit, but I reckon my hand is being forced.

Trouble is its been flashed, so Im not sure Microsoft will take it back, although quite how they know until they take it to pieces...

OK so this morning I came downstairs and fancied kicking a bit of arse on COD4 (translate into getting my arse handed to me by american teenagers lol). Turned the xbox on, and the controller wouldnt connect. Ok I thought, get a different controller. Still didnt work. So I turned it off, then on again, et voila red light, code E71 (hard drive) Bollox. Hard drive off, turned it on again and red ring of death. Again. AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!! :banghead:

Did a bit of button pushing and error codes tell me its the motherboard solder issue. :angry:

This is my third 360, and although I love the xbox Im getting mighty fooked off with them constantly breaking down, so I could be forced into looking at PS3s. With Gears of War 2 on the horizon Im loathe to sell all my 360 kit, but I reckon my hand is being forced.

Trouble is its been flashed, so Im not sure Microsoft will take it back, although quite how they know until they take it to pieces...

mine broke 1 week ago too incidentally. well annoyed. its under warranty but still a hassle.

Anyway, good news for you is I know of someone else who had theirs chipped, ring of death. And they still sent it to microsoft and they still repaired it :D

not saying it'll happen to you but so many xbox360s break, I think they dont have time to test them all. Apparently repairing these 360s is going to cost microsoft nearly 1 billion dollars! :blink:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/games/news/2008/07/07/microsoft-faces-1-billion-xbox-repair-bill.html

havnt seen you on cod for a while!! you must be out in ya TT all the time lol

Wish i was mate!! :D

Hasent worked since the day we started it. I think its something to do with the immobiliser, but ive got the legend that is Matt Harwood coming on wednesday to hopefully sort the problem and then its happy days :D

Ive got a xbox 360 and a ps3, Ive got to admit the xbox is better online but the ps3 is a better console! i would however get the xbox fixed cuz gears of war 2 is goin to be mental!! id get a ps3 if i was u, also u will have the advantage of blu ray aswell!!

yeah this is what i think, xbox has a much better interface for online gaming, but ps3 is by far a superior machine to own no doubt, the ps3 has been updating like mad last few months and i think will eventually catch up with xbox for online play. i currently play alot of bad company on ps3 online and its great. i think xbox has like 16% fail rate ps3 has 2% i think, something like that. the ups fellow you has picked up my xbox for repair twice now told me that thousands go back to microsoft every month nation wide. but they will eventually all get fixed and so this should come right down hopefully, also dont be fooled by the elite as ive read they are no better reliable than the normal one.

yeah this is what i think, xbox has a much better interface for online gaming, but ps3 is by far a superior machine to own no doubt, the ps3 has been updating like mad last few months and i think will eventually catch up with xbox for online play. i currently play alot of bad company on ps3 online and its great.

im still hooked on cod 4, (what a game!) whats everones namertags on the ps3 or xbox?? mines the same name as here beefyblx

im darkstorm0 on xbox, and nissan200 on ps3, ps3 i mainly play bad company, fight night round3 and warhawk at the moment, dont bother with xbox online at the moment as it pisses me off having to buy a ticket every year and currently havint bothered renewing.but when i do its testdrive all the way, along with abit of forza and pgr4

Guest GAV4350

ive had mine over a year and so far so good and its Halo 3 and GOW for me, fancying THE ORANGE BOX next anyone know if this is any good

GAV4350 - MR BIG 7

Ive got 3 at home in various states of disrepair, the latest one is maybe 18 months old? One is blocked off xbox live due to flashing :oops:

Gav Ive got Orange Box here, its very good, the puzzle game is quite brilliant. If yours is flashed I can send you mine as Ive finished it?

Guest GAV4350

Gav Ive got Orange Box here, its very good, the puzzle game is quite brilliant. If yours is flashed I can send you mine as Ive finished it?

nah its not cheers anyway bud, i try to keep things legal, most of the time, sometimes, not really, lol, i can get a pre-owned copy cheap enough and by the time i finish that it should be time for gears of war 2 tio be released

at least all 3 can be software flashed now so you dont need to worry which drive you get back. The general rule is;

If it can be played on live then its not banned so they will repair it, just flash it back to original firmware first.

I have to say mine has been fine with heavy use for 10 months, but i have an additional clip on usb fan which is designed to work with the 2 system fans which i got from America as i didnt want an intercooler.

I did get more then one if your after 1.