The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Slow motion lightning

Gaz6002

thats amazing, especially how it seems to stem down a number of paths, then when it connects to earth down one of its veins it lets everything rip down that one path and seemingly rains charge down on that spot for a period of time (obviously stupidly short period of time) but its not like i thought it was; one strain of charge and thats it, its actually flowing down the path for a minuet time..

wow, not only nature but wow at the technology that actually photographed that!! imagine watching the same length of clip but for say a ball falling from a heigh.. it would have never moved over that 15 / 20 secs!

:cool:

Wow! The lightning was just like that on wednesday night here in Eastbourne. The sky was alight with it. :)

We saw that looking out our back door (in Havant, facing East). Didn't hear any thunder just saw flashes in/through the clouds, never seen anything like it but it looked cool.

thats amazing, especially how it seems to stem down a number of paths, then when it connects to earth down one of its veins it lets everything rip down that one path and seemingly rains charge down on that spot for a period of time

If I'm right, something I read said that once it connects to the ground, the big bit actually goes upwards! And if you get to the point just before the fork hits the ground, then start pausing-playing it, you can see that happen...

Guest Denial

That is very cool. Always been fascinated by lightning. You can also see the bolt pulsing. I would also love to storm chase, but my girlfriend wouldn't. She would say I had a death wish or something.

Hmmm... Now I read the valuable source of accurate info (Yahoo Answers) it seems to be 6 of one, 0.5 of a dozen...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080409164806AAidiMz

I guess it all depends on how you interpret lightning, the bit you see, or what actually makes it tick :)

Anyhow, a bit of frantic pausing (Years of holding the remote in the wrong hand whilst viewing pr0n ;)) - And I got the pic of it heading upwards :)