The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted uk spec original 6speed tt

little num

Hi guys / gals im inthe market for a supra tt 6sp, as you all know big num he's is a uk spec so he keeps telling me to get 1 of those but they are very rare with lowish miles on ( 70 - 100 thou) if by anychance you have a uk tt 6sp hidden away and you want it gone ive got £8000 for the right 1, ive seen a few on piston heads and on ebay but most are auto :( .

the reason why i want a uk is cause of the steel turbo's they are supposed to be stronger and as im going to be running 1.25 - 1.3 bar then i need strong, also the brake issue and the injectors are bigger plus all the other things japs aint got.

I have thought about a jap but the insurance is a little more and if i get a good 1 for £6500 -£7000 ive then got to spend a lot more to bring it up to uk spec model.

Any 1 out there with a jap running standerd engine and 1.25 - 1.3 bar bpu let me know how yours is getting on as ive also been told that the uk turbo's being stronger is a old wife's tale.

Your comments and info would be a big help as im going to be buying 1 in the next couple of weeks or so ;)

All I can say is good luck and you might be waiting a bit longer than a few weeks. The car you want is the automotive equivalent to rocking horse poo.

i know there is a nice silver 1 on piston heads its up for £8995 and is a stock car which is always nice, think the guy is a member on here christ i think, its done 118 thou but has full service, but saying that its prob due for timing belt unless its already been done.

i know there is a nice silver 1 on piston heads its up for £8995 and is a stock car which is always nice, think the guy is a member on here christ i think, its done 118 thou but has full service, but saying that its prob due for timing belt unless its already been done.

If it's been serviced well and kept nicely that could be a good one to go for. Have a look at the FAQ section on here to see what to look out for. Also, you might find if you speak to Sky Insurance you can get a favourable quote on a J spec TT and then you can import your own and get a much better spec.

Everyone wants a UK spec but the J spec ones are better really (and faster) :innocent:

That mileage is nothing if it's been looked after, you'd be mad to be put off by it. My UK spec is now on 125k and still not missed a beat, still on the original turbos too. Full service means it's been looked after, even better if the full service hasn't been at Toyota.

Hi James :wave:

Obviously Si know more than me and you know at least as much about the Supra as I, but I wouldn't totally rule out the import car. If you got a RZ-S it's have lots more toys as standard but most importantly the bigger aka "UK Spec" brakes; fuel pumps aren't that much, injectors etc I reckon you could sort out quite easily. If it's a fresh import it'd probably never have seen >112mph and certainly no salted roads. Plus an RZ-S would be a facelift model, which you may prefer.

The only issue is how far your could push BPU I guess, 1.3bar wouldn't be too good for them, but remember the turbos will be giving you non-linear perfomance increases as you push them further and further past their operating efficiency. I do wonder how much faster a BPU Supra running 1.3 bar would be Vs an indentical one running 1.2bar :search:

hi stevy baby, good piont never thought of that, anyways aint you supposed to be at work lol, the only thing i thought about the injectors dont i have to have a fuel system to pull them back a little.

You can fit the 550s to the J spec, you just need a resistor pack to change the impedance but you might be wise to get something to control the fuelling whilst you're there.

guys i dont want to start an argument every 1 has there own piont and what ever you have im sure its your baby, but before mine is born i want to make sure i buy the right one and not regret spending £1000 more to get the right 1, i will call the guy with the silver uk 1 and see what the deal with it, no harm in asking a few question.

the uk spec steel turbo does indeed take a little more power, but the jspec ceramic spools quicker, but i cannot see the reasoning on buying a uk spec just because it has steel blades in the turbo,s as at around 100k miles it will not be long before they would need changing if they are original, a lot of the older turbo,s will blow the oil seals when you up the boost to over 1.2 anyway

i can understand about the insurance though as there is usually a major difference in the cost against jspec

i would also not discount the uk auto if you have not tried one

ive been out in auto's (d bone) and was really impressed with how quick and smooth it got upto speed, but im a track man and will indeed be using it for trackdays and the Nurgurgring so manual would be a better choice i think.

im not doing quarter miles tho lol, dont see the point in that.:D

ive been out in auto's (d bone) and was really impressed with how quick and smooth it got upto speed, but im a track man and will indeed be using it for trackdays and the Nurgurgring so manual would be a better choice i think.

im not doing quarter miles tho lol, dont see the point in that.:D

well if your adamant on uk manual, you may have to buy a cheap uk auto and convert it as there are as rare as rocking horse shit:d

For me the biggest advantages of the UK spec over the import is the insurance saving (could be as much as £400 per year) and the fact that you can run them on the 95RON fuel without any problems.

With fuel prices as they are this represents another large saving in yearly running costs, particularly if you are doing big miles.

I won't get into the auto v manual debate as my uk spec auto is currently for sale on Pistonheads for a lot less than £8000....

For me the biggest advantages of the UK spec over the import is the insurance saving (could be as much as £400 per year) and the fact that you can run them on the 95RON fuel without any problems.

With fuel prices as they are this represents another large saving in yearly running costs, particularly if you are doing big miles.

I won't get into the auto v manual debate as my uk spec auto is currently for sale on Pistonheads for a lot less than £8000....

I would not want to run 1.3 bar on 95 fuel, (i would not run 1.3 bar on stock tubbies either but thats another point :D)

yeh i realise 1.3 bar is to much for stock, i was going to fit water injection anyways but steve r made a good point that anything over 1.2 they stop woking as good as they should so i will only push upto 1.2, i will have all the gauges needed to see what my exhaust temps are and fuel ratio, oil temp - oil pressure - boost, so should see if there is any probs accouring hopefully lol.

If they blow then single maybe the way forward ill get me brother to fit it lol, he said it was a nightmare doing he's.

£400 is not a big saving on insurance, given the massive premium you'll pay for a uk manual (I reckon £1k-2k premium). Hence why its not worth it.

lol you really love your auto dont you, no 1 is knocking your car every1 has there own opinion and some people like auto's others like manual, but i think manual is the way to go when its going to be used for trackdays 6 gears will garantee that you are on full power what ever the corner where as the auto being 4 gears are alot longer so lag will be the down side.

If the car wasent going to be used on trackdays then auto would deffinatly be my choice without a doubt, i am a lazy driver and if they made it so it steared it self as well then it would be sold lol :)

lol you really love your auto dont you, no 1 is knocking your car every1 has there own opinion and some people like auto's others like manual, but i think manual is the way to go when its going to be used for trackdays 6 gears will garantee that you are on full power what ever the corner where as the auto being 4 gears are alot longer so lag will be the down side.

If the car wasent going to be used on trackdays then auto would deffinatly be my choice without a doubt, i am a lazy driver and if they made it so it steared it self as well then it would be sold lol :)

No I totally understand. I have no gripes with the manual. My point is if it were me i'd go for a jap spec tt manual given the savings and availability. Have you thought about the colour of the supe you'd be getting? I doubt you'll have much choice either from the few uk manuals which come up.

But its up to you. If you are happy to wait and look for a uk model go for it. You may have some success, who knows someone might be thinking of selling theirs tomorrow. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.