The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift 97 Black 6Sp GT4088R 600bhp

jevansio

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick bump to say that I will consider p-ex's. Looking for 10k+ and another car. Would accept a stock manual or bpu Supe, or even a turbo diesel as that's what I would end up running around in anyways (a Golf GT TDI is my fave, but A4, BMW, Leon types will do).

A quick bump to say that I will consider p-ex's. Looking for 10k+ and another car. Would accept a stock manual or bpu Supe, or even a turbo diesel as that's what I would end up running around in anyways (a Golf GT TDI is my fave, but A4, BMW, Leon types will do).

Bloody good deal IMO. I bet there a good number of guys thinking about taking you up on that offer of yours, Jay - what a great way of getting in to a top-spec single:)

Bloody good deal IMO. I bet there a good number of guys thinking about taking you up on that offer of yours, Jay - what a great way of getting in to a top-spec single:)

Cheers Andrew, got a guy coming this weekend, wants to p-ex a MR2 Turbo (which I will be happy with as a daily runner).

I'll direct him to this site as I told him the info here is invaluable.

Cheers Andrew, got a guy coming this weekend, wants to p-ex a MR2 Turbo (which I will be happy with as a daily runner).

I'll direct him to this site as I told him the info here is invaluable.

Don't worry Jay, if it all falls through then my wife has a PINK Nissan Figaro 'TURBO':D that we can PX with you:innocent:

Well I've just informed the guy that was interested that I cannot come to selling the car, I've directed him towards a couple similar priced better cars :D

I feel a bit sh1t about letting him down, it's getting tedious for everyone, but selling this car is not easy, I said to Jurgen, I would rather make a snap decision & get rid of it in 5 mins, when it drags out I change my mind.

Probably the "thing" that did it was I was out yesterday in the Corsa, a big bike was all over the @rse of every car on the motorway, when it cleared he gave it some & I thought, "if I had the Supe I'd be all over him like a rash", I'm not going to get that in a 360 or a Vantage & I dunno if I can handle that just yet.

Again sorry to anyone affected,

Jay

Jay, that's good news. I've gone to so much trouble so I can keep mine whilst I go back and study but I've got to say, I really should have sold her.

I think you've made the right decision. There isn't another car quite like the Supra, and there isn't likely going to be one in the near future. Enjoy it :)

Good to hear mate:)

Cheers matey :D

Jay, that's good news. I've gone to so much trouble so I can keep mine whilst I go back and study but I've got to say, I really should have sold her.

I think you've made the right decision. There isn't another car quite like the Supra, and there isn't likely going to be one in the near future. Enjoy it :)

Thanks Gaz, off out now on the prowl :D

You tit :D I'm gonna have to go speak to Nic now about that T04Z turbo kit now!!

Lol :D, get it bought Dan :D

What?? Thats an outrage, i had almost saved up the money too :(

I think its only fair u give me it for free now :innocent:

:D

I don't think he wants your 2-pence collection that you have stashed away in your china pig:d

Jay - good choice mate;)

Cheers Andrew

Phew!

Aye I know bud,

I await next month's for sale thread.

Fingers crossed there won't be one

Good man, get that tubby on and you be clad you never sold. :D

Cheers Ash, yeah still got the tubby, waiting the manifold from Nic, but I'm holding off putting it on for the moment, it will go on, just not at the moment

I tried calling you jay , i test drove a vantage and AM d9 , it is luxury and really quiet ,it it has poke , but i was waiting for that sensation when i hit 3000rpm , it was not there . even thought they are lovely cars , they just didnt seem that quick . i gave it some on the motorway with the sales rep inside and he thought it was extremly fast , i was guted on how slow it was , and this was the DB9 !! the looks and the comfort is all there , but the performance isnt there at all ..... for £52,000 , i felt very let down .

Also servicing cost , how about this :

interim service- oil change , filter - £650 + v.a.t

full service - pads / plugs /oil /filters /fuel filter / -£2300

cam belt change £1200

new exhaust system , cat back £2700

this is compared to a ferrari servicing cost ..... ouch

I think if it wasent for the noise the supra makes, i would keep it . Iam thinking about changing the exhaust system for a more quite one now. But ill see as there is a bloke arrive from denmark today to have a look at it an buy it ....:(

yes that my fall back plan if the white one goes and i dont find another car.. its about 60% ready , just waiting for the bodyshop to fit it in on 3rd september, then get it tuned. Sorry i didnt get back to you about the exhaust bracket, i could not find it on the car or off it.

I dont think myself and jay are ever going to get any car that performs as good as the supra unless we spend over £100,000. The worse thing is there is so much more power to come from it. On one side it scared the shit out of me on the other side is the other cars dont give me the same feeling .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.