The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 'M' Toyota Supra GZ Aerotop TT - 57k miles - BPU + loads more!

Pabs

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish I could mate.

With the ex moving out of the house, I definately cannot afford the loan repayments, + the mortgage + bills etc on my own. I need to get rid of the loan, and the only way to do that is to reduce the money I have tied up in the car. :(

I may have no choice but to keep it though - god knows how that'd happen - but I CAN'T let it go for silly money.

Right folks, price won't be coming down anymore, so for those "hopeful" people waiting for me to do it for silly money - sorry! lol

I've now figured a way to "delay" my required sale, so I'll keep the car as long as required for a sale at the right price, to the right person.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to look after it and improve it where-ever possible - without spending big bucks on mods though! Might sell a few bits from it (bling stuff) and I'm going to save/work like crazy to pay off the loan without selling the car.

The car is still up for sale if anyone is interested, but only at the right price now :)

Will now also consider a part-ex on a cheap runabout - preferably something like a polo 1.4, or maybe a pug 306.....

NO MOTORBIKES THO! I've been offered more bikes than cars now! Would love one, but a) I don't have my license and b) playing bass in a band means I need lots of luggage space for mixers/racks/bass cabs.

Might start removing a few of the bling bits and easy-to-swap bits to reduce the price a bit further...

If you want the car, but want it cheaper, we can discuss the removal of some bits to sort it out. I have original aerial, rear wiper, and a few other bits that could go back on.

Keep the car and wait until the market gets better (which it will!) ... :)

I understand your comments mate - but as it turns out I now cannot really wait.

The ex will be moving out of the house in 2 months time. I need car to be gone, so debts can all be paid off, so I can have a fighting chance to be able to keep the house on my own.

I need to sell - I want to say I'm desperate - but I'm not THAT desperate to drop the price silly-low..... I just need the most chance I have of saving up for the inevitable £££'s to be thrown at the split-up.

If I can essentially get the same overall cash figure by splitting the car up a bit, then I can't see why I shouldn't. Not everyone is a fan of bling under the bonnet it seems.

Im in the same boat as you, no one is buying at the moment. Mine is priced at the low end where TT's start with all the high mileage ones & im yet to have 1 call about it, despite being extremely tidy & low mileage & even a guarantee against breakdown. Advertised it 4 times now on autotrader, currently at £2500 less than i payed.

Prices on these cars seems to have nose dived over the last 6 months & i guess people are having less to spend on cars & such.

Ok you move in the shed and rent the house out:D

once again I state - how rich do you think I am?

I can't afford a shed, nor is the garden big enough for one! :(

EDIT: Ok, perhaps the garden will fit a shed - but I'd have no room left to call it a garden - more like a small patio area big enough for a few people to stand on. lol

Guys/Gals,

What can I do to get more people interested in my car? I think I'm now likely to be put between a rock and a hard place regarding finances, so need to sort it pronto really. Dropping the price hasn't really interested anyone, and I can't really afford to go cheaper anyway! :(

thanks mate. It's on PH and autotrader - already done 1 round of ebay at the beginning but kinda gave up on that idea as the cost vs amount of interest was not worthwhile.

I've got to pay off my debts - and I need to find a lodger for the spare room, otherwise I'm 100% screwed.

thanks mate. It's on PH and autotrader - already done 1 round of ebay at the beginning but kinda gave up on that idea as the cost vs amount of interest was not worthwhile.

I've got to pay off my debts - and I need to find a lodger for the spare room, otherwise I'm 100% screwed.

Sell 100 tickets at £100 .... whoever wins gets it for £100.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.