The mkiv Supra Owners Club

arabic tattoo

TRACIE_LOU

i have two arabic tattoos of my kids names with the birth of my son im looking to get his name in arabic to problem is the guy i used isnt answering emails can anyone translate or know where i can get a translation my sons name is archie any help would be great :D

there isnt a translation to what "archie" means, because its an english name. but you can write it in arabic and it would look like this:

أركي

hi thats brilliant we did wonder if it could be done bieng an english name... is there anyway you could send that via email for us plz? would be appreciated very much cheers :D

Hi! no problem. ill do it when i get home as i want to make sure with the elders that it is the correct spelling! :D

hey,

Let me know if im wrong im just saying this now instead of after the tatoo is done,

But i read that as Arkie......

I have a few arab friends i can ask for help, will be seeing them mid next week

lol hi yes that did spell arkie.. veilside pm'd me to check how it was prounounced and realised so he is gonna check correct spelling of "archie"..... any help would be appreciated cheers:D

hey,

Let me know if im wrong im just saying this now instead of after the tatoo is done,

But i read that as Arkie......

I have a few arab friends i can ask for help, will be seeing them mid next week

yeah your correct. i already pm'd to make sure. i didnt know if "ch" in "archie" was pronounced like "chair" or like "arkie" ... :p

http://www.youre.co.uk

Out of interest, and this is curiosity not a dig, why did you opt for arabic when you can't read or write it yourself?

(the URL was a dig, I can't help it)

dig away lol we cant all be perfect and it gave you something to do on a sunday afternoon didnt it!:p:D

as for the arabic tats its different the style of writing is nice, lots of peeps have the usual old english etc why not have something slighlty different:D

I don't 'get' the whole thing with tattooing your kids names on yourself - are you worried you'll forget or something?

I've got both my kids names (and date of birth) tattoo'd on my back.

I love tattoo's personally and thought it was a nice touch to get it done. But obviously not everyone is in to them - which is lucky really else it'd be a bit boring!!

(on the whole different language spellings - i have 8 japanesse symbols also on my back and only got them after my mates Japanesse misses wrote them all out for me perfectly as i didnt fancy having the wrong spelling!!)

:)

I've got both my kids names (and date of birth) tattoo'd on my back.

And that's something I doubly don't get - you've got a handy reminder of your kids names, and when you need to buy presents, but you can't read them because it's written on the wrong side of you...