The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Closed the 'Supra Chapter' of our lives today. :(

Soop Dogg

Since deciding to buy the C5 Corvette almost 2 years ago, I've talked about selling the Supe 'at some time in the near future'. As things went, the Supe saw the C5 Corvette come and go and we've now got a C6 Corvette Coupe.

Anyway, today I accepted a cheque for her. She goes next Saturday to a new member on this site. At one point Angie had to leave the room when we were sorting out the deal. We've had Supras for about 7 1/2 years now.

I'm sure that the new owner will look after her very well as he's at least (if not more) obsessive about cleaning his cars than I am.

I put the below video together over a year ago to try and convey how much of an obsession the Supra has been for both Angie and myself. The end bit was meant to allude to what we've moved onto, but is in fact now in need of updating. It's a bit rough around the edges, so try not to be too critical! I'll try to refine it at some point in the future.....

I won't be going too far - I'll still lurk around here on a regular basis for now.

Thanks, folks. (And thanks for embedding it, Gaz)

I just keep telling myself I've done the right thing.

TBH, tha Supra needs someone to use it as it should be used and to look after it. With us, it was sitting under the car port for most of the time gathering dust. (under 1000 miles between 2 of it's MOT's isn't how it should be used!) The new owner will love it!

:)

Thanks for that Video:)

Was I nice thing to watch on a sunday morning :)

sorry to see it go though, as it seemed to play a big part in your life. Why is it these cars become part of us, at the end of the day they are only steel and plastic but we bond with them like a mother to a child.:rolleyes:

Long live the Supra :):)

Brian, you're making me feel guilty for buying it now! ;)

And yes, I am totally OCD about car cleaning, I think I'm close to owning about 100 different products for my car now :shock:

(guess I should change my username to supra_stan now :D)

I'd also just like to thank Brian and Angie for being so nice about selling it, and being so nice to me while I was at theirs, despite the fact they were trying to put me off buying it at the same time :sly:. Never met anyone who was so passionate about their cars, so I hope I can do the Supra some justice when I get it.

Pah! Supra Schmoopra. You've got a C6. What's there to be sad about?

Get some pics of it up. There's a good chap.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I love driving the C6, so I think I'll connect with it the way I did with the Supra.

Don't feel guilty, Stan - I'm sure you'll love the car - we're just glad that it's going to someone who'll look after it!

These phone pics are the only ones I have of the latest Corvette so far:

These are of the C5 Corvette - the car at the end of the video, but it's gone now too and made way for the C6:

Stickered up fro Le Mans:

Sorry to hear you've finally gone through with it, but I understand why. Shame you guys were some of the first I actually met from this forum :)

I reckon you'll be back one day!!!

Thanks Rosie. We'll still be around - and who knows? We just might be back again one day.

I've only sold the Supe on the condition that we are the first to know if it should go up for sale at some point in the future!

;)