The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT facelift rolling shell - damaged

blue-luck

i have a 1996 facelift rolling shell for sale, it was a twin turbo, but i used the engine for a conversion, so now it has a n/a engine in it (not connected up)

the interior has been striped aswell

the car is a cat D, and i have all paperwork

offers....

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
OK has dings but surely too good to scrap?

LMAO, you must really love supras - or your a panel beater by trade, if you want to spend your hard earned on one of the above projects on a chassis that I gather is deemed a cat C(Read again it is in fact a Cat D), then go ahead - the labour whether its your time or someone elses far outweighs the benefit (even if it was for free - he'd be mad to give it away when its gotta be worth 200quid scrap value plus the engine)

There is a Cat D going for around 2g on here, and its finished with tax and mot

You would be lucky to give that away, sell the engine for a few hundred and scrap the chassis

A rolling supra chassis can be had for around 500quid max, theres a ding on every panel there, it would cost more than that to fix

Yeah, that shell really isn't worth anymore than the scrap value... Would cost too much to repair, and shell's are cheap enough to find, hell a complete NA isn't that expensive any more.

LMAO, you must really love supras - or your a panel beater by trade, if you want to spend your hard earned on one of the above projects on a chassis that I gather is deemed a cat C(Read again it is in fact a Cat D), then go ahead - the labour whether its your time or someone elses far outweighs the benefit (even if it was for free - he'd be mad to give it away when its gotta be worth 200quid scrap value plus the engine)

There is a Cat D going for around 2g on here, and its finished with tax and mot

I think your missing my point, as if a kit that covers most of the damage is going to be used (such as the rear quarter panels and tailgate) then only the damaged front nearside needs real attention and from what I can see the damage doesn't appear to be on every panel either.

Why would I spend 2000 on one that is finished which is still a Cat D when I could start with a 'blank canvas' so to speak for a lot less and can see what needs to be done? how would I know how good the work was on that finished 2K one? and probably have just as many problems (or new ones)fitting whichever kit I decided on as well!

Not only that as I would be using new or different parts anyway having a complete car that needs to be stripped again and having parts not needed in the way or having to be sold etc this way would be better as most of the parts not needed have already been removed!

I've seen much worse ones than this repaired satisfactorily and depends on what your aiming for, OK if I just wanted a standard looking Supra then yes this would be a no go but as I want something a little 'different' this would be the better option for me.

So I could buy a complete straight NA instead, but it would always be a modified NA what ever I did to it and this is a genuine TT that is a Cat D(which is the category with the least problems to insurance companies)

Horses-for-courses and each to their own and so on..........

Guest CoolsBlue
its not as bad as it looks guys and also it is a facelift remember

Easy repair.

check it, my friend got a facelift shell worse than that, and now look:) this would a be a great project for someone, the front hasnt been smashed in, just the corner damage

Guest supranonturbo

I have seen the shell in person, and honestly guys its not that bad.......to the right person its a project waiting to happen!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.