The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS ti 4" adaptor help.

JamieP

Guest Nicholas

won't the boost logic downpipe meet the exhaust without the need for an adapter? just use the vband clamp to connect the two?

Take the 4" to 3" adaptor off.They should mate up fine.

I have this exact set up on mine.However the clamp supplied with the HKS Ti will not go round the v band flanges properly.I purchased a different 4" V band clamp from Kyle that fits perfectly.

Yeah knowing the U.S guys it will be a true 4inch (101.6mm)diameter V-Band flange on the BL MP, whereas the HKS pipe is 100mm, so you have to buy a Mikalor style V-Band Clamp, so that it centres both flanges while clamping up.

Initially I thought I was going to have this problem too;)

It works a treat, the HKS V-band clamp is crap anyway

Yeah knowing the U.S guys it will be a true 4inch (101.6mm)diameter V-Band flange on the BL MP, whereas the HKS pipe is 100mm, so you have to buy a Mikalor style V-Band Clamp, so that it centres both flanges while clamping up.

:werd:

According to the HKS website the Ti is 102mm

I've always been under the impression that its 100mm - I read countless threads about them before I bought it, and it defo measured 100mm too, the FULL RACE MP I bought was exactly 4inches, they mate up perfectly but their aint much in it

That is very strange, it does say that on the website, I'm sure HKS.co.jp when it used to be listed on there it had 100mm, I always remember me thinkin what happens if I get a 4inch MP will it mate up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.