The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BIG brake kit, prices please

JamieP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a porsche GT3 the otherday with those Brembo 6piston monoblocks, the stopping power was phenomenal!!! 170 to 100in what felt like 2car lengths!

I'm sure I got quoted £1850, which aint bad at all

The brakes on my GT3 were phenomenal. I recommend them highly.

That price seems very good as well.

He did have the 362mm alcon Discs at 1.5g a pop mind:rolleyes: (Can't see that making much of a difference on initial bite though)

The Kit comes with 355mm discs

porsche owners eh:d

You can shout abuse at me later as you can also call me typical BMW driver insults as well as i'll be in the M5! :D

Guest CoolsBlue

Oooooh your gona be lucky jamie!!! i seen a supra build video with stocktech brakes, proven to be the best irrc!!! hmmmm they looked the business to

Are you after something purely for looks Jamie? If you were to speak to CW I am certain he would recommend a UK based setup with good pads. What are you intending to use the car for, is it going to be a track machine?

I am looking for a brake upgrade too. :)

So far, I found the following front big brake kits which are in the same cash region :

- KAD 6 pot 355 mm

- StopTech 4 pot 355 mm

- Brembo 6 pot 355 mm (£150 more expensive than the others)

- AP Racing 6 pot 355 mm

- Brembo 4 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 6 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 8 pot 380 mm

What are the opinions ???? :sly:

KAD 6 pot 355 mm

- StopTech 4 pot 355 mm

- AP Racing 6 pot 355 mm

- Brembo 4 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 6 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 8 pot 380 mm

Which Brembo 6Pots? Monoblock or Gran Turismo? The monoblock are the pick of the bunch there imho, you can't really go wrong with the big 3, Brembo(AP), Endless, and Stoptech,

If the monoblock are out of your price range then I'd say the AP's are good vfm, but then so are Stoptech(6Pot),

Endless is an aesthetic caliper and they perform very well too, but their just too pricey, your paying the extra for the look rather than the extra performance

Pretty much all kits come with rubbish pads(or just not the best), expect to pay around 500 a set for decent ones, or maybe do a deal with the supplier

I am looking for a brake upgrade too. :)

So far, I found the following front big brake kits which are in the same cash region :

- KAD 6 pot 355 mm

- StopTech 4 pot 355 mm

- AP Racing 6 pot 355 mm

- Brembo 4 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 6 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 8 pot 380 mm

What are the opinions ???? :sly:

I'll sort you out the best deal I can on KAD, Stoptech, Brembo and AP me old mucker. My Stoptech's have just arrived through the door now so I'll let you all what I think of them in a couple of weeks when I've track tested them.

My old KAD's are up grabs by the way.

Ta

KAD 6 pot 355 mm

- StopTech 4 pot 355 mm

- AP Racing 6 pot 355 mm

- Brembo 4 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 6 pot 355 mm

- Rotora 8 pot 380 mm

Which Brembo 6Pots? Monoblock or Gran Turismo? The monoblock are the pick of the bunch there imho, you can't really go wrong with the big 3, Brembo(AP), Endless, and Stoptech,

If the monoblock are out of your price range then I'd say the AP's are good vfm, but then so are Stoptech(6Pot),

Endless is an aesthetic caliper and they perform very well too, but their just too pricey, your paying the extra for the look rather than the extra performance

Pretty much all kits come with rubbish pads(or just not the best), expect to pay around 500 a set for decent ones, or maybe do a deal with the supplier

Yes I meant the monoblock brake kit of Brembo :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.