Bosch 044 v walbro size comparison

heckler

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still a little confused over the check valve. Isn't there a straight fitting available' date=' with a check valve to avoid using a bendy exit pipe? If that pipe isn't preformed, it could kink. (If it does, byebye engine :()[/quote']

there probably is, but the check valve which comes with the pump is for a banjo bolt fitting. I'm not sure if there would be enough clearance between the top of the pump and hanger if you put an "inline" check valve in with fittings, unless you put it externally...

• 2 months later...
bit of a resurrection but could someone explain exactly why the NRV has to be used with the banjo as i am confused :search:

I have removed it and gone with a straight through fitting as some others have, I was advised to do this by many people I trust.

Time will tell I guess.

I have removed it and gone with a straight through fitting as some others have, I was advised to do this by many people I trust.

Time will tell I guess.

thanks Wez, i was originally going with twin pumps but keep having recuring nightmares over one failing so for me this looks the way to go

• 2 weeks later...

been doing some research on this non return/check valve issue and found this site http://www.furiousperformance.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=421

the main point i gleaned from this is ~ When the engine is shut off the fuel pressure left between the Pump and Regulator will need to escape. The quickest exit is back through the pump if there is know valve fitted. This can harm the pumps life span as large back pressures can put strain on the pumps internal parts. It is better for the fuel to escape through the regulator as that is what it is made for. Now i cant verify this as gospell but going off what Dimitri said it does sound reasonable

looking at the check valve/banjo arrangement on the Bosch it does look quite a flow restriction, i did think about ditching it but felt uncomfortable with this as Mr Bosch obviously put it there for a reason and kinking a flexible hose around out of site in the fuel tank looks a recipe for disaster aswell, looking at the Oz site above it would appear they are using http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/valves-check-breather-pressure-realease--onoff-173-c.asp which are made in the UK and available to buy here, for £20 i think i am going to use one

Edited by paul mac
forgot somet (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

yes, however on further checking, the only problem is the Bosch thread is M12 x 1.5, which speedflowshop (UK) dont list so i'm getting one from Aus, i never thought to contact the UK peeps but it seems a little odd both companys trade the same gear and claim to make it themselves :search: so it might be worth contacting the UK peeps to see if they do the right thread