The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clunking noise (rear)

markybhoy86

Have a clunking noise from the rear of the car, both sides, somtimes it sounds a bit like somthings loose like a slapping noise lol if that makes sense. i've checked everythings tight, i changed the droplinks today and still it happens. my next thought it could be the bump stop from when the previous owner has changed the suspension. it happens mostly over uneven road

how do i check this easily, this will be on the driveway not a ramp :p? if its not that what else could i try?

cheers

M

the exhaust is solid i tryed that, subframe seems solid to me i tryed that also, none of the bushes look badly worn either. i read a post on this about clunking etc and someone mentioned the bump stops being fitted the wrong way, seemed to make sense since the springs have been changed and it clunks both sides?

the boot does have the common speaking noise but i dont think its that which is causing it.

M