The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Fibre Air Intake/Duct/Air Feed...

heckler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can probably organise someone to make more if there's a demand...

I would be interested.

The stock setup is the best for the twin setup. Anything other than the twin setup we run into issue of a short ram intake and sucking in hot air. This would potentially help address some of that.

To anyone ripping off the stock airbox for one of these........:badidea:

Ah! I didn't realise there was more than one! I thought I had the only example, lol. Very sought after; most people eye that up as soon as I open the bonnet!

TDI are/were the source - I learn something new every day. :)

They used to sell them on their website for about 3 years. Not sure how many were bought but you were still in an exclusive club :) They were pretty pricey and I think thats what put most people off (including me)

• 2 weeks later...

The one in this thread is better than nothing - but certainly wouldnt solve the problem, but I would love for some talented to fabricate a well designed air feed system for short ram air filters so that we can avoid the heatsoak from the engine compartment.

I wouldnt necessarily care whether it is CF or plastic or any other material provided it did the job. Function over form...always.

The one in this thread is better than nothing - but certainly wouldnt solve the problem, but I would love for some talented to fabricate a well designed air feed system for short ram air filters so that we can avoid the heatsoak from the engine compartment.

I wouldnt necessarily care whether it is CF or plastic or any other material provided it did the job. Function over form...always.

it would help though wouldn't it????

is their anything similar for sale? (traders)

I'm going to manufacture my own custom one when the time comes and have it ceramic or some other coating to protect from heat. I'm also going to coat the pipe leading from the air filter to the turbo.

would you be the talented one? :D

would you be the talented one? :D

Haha, not sure about that but realistically it can't be that hard... I've worked with fibreglass before doing car audio installs, so once I've got a nice template made up I can have it coated. The only problem with these is that everyone has a different air filter and turbo, so they tend to extend and start in different places making it difficult to mass produce a 1-size-fits-all solution.

The other option is the make an opening through the front wheel fender area and slot the air filter in there; away from the engine compartment. This would provide a proper cold air intake system.

I have heard that a few members are running that setup.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.