The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A or TT

ds2000

Hi folks,

Basically I am in the market for a Supra, I don't mind if its N/A or TT.

I've seen a few mint N/A's around and within my budget. I am looking for something like these two but in manual, although I may still go and see them:

N/A 1

N/A 2

I would have an auto but only as a TT and I think for my budget I'd be looking at a tired 100k mile job.

Preferably white or black, other colours will be considered - the interior has to be mint and the exterior in good shape. I've got plenty of time to look.

In short:

1) N/A, (pref facelift)

2) Will consider TTs and can probably stretch a little more than the above.

An absolute bonus would be the TRD kit as on the two above!

Thanks folks :):D

Dave

Welcome to the club:) Where by are you from? Im from between Welshpool and Oswestry. Tend to meet G-nemie and magictourch quite often from shrewsbury. You should come say hi if you're not to far away. We also meet most of the midlands gang when going to the shows for a convoy down:)

Now these NA's...The 1st NA is very over priced I think. The add has no pics of the interior or the engine bay, and doesn't even say if its an auto or manual.

The 2nd looks far nicer IMO but still a little pricey maybe. See if the price can be negotiated;)

A Supra autobox is nothing to be sniffed at and is very highly regarded. Test drive a manual and auto if you can, you will be pleasantly surprised by the autobox. And 100k miles aint a lot on a supe;)

If you're not far away, I can take you for a spin in mine if you like too:)

Dont rush into anything though. Have a good look on here, there are a few available at the moment, both NA and TT:) And buying from a club member is always a good thing too:)

Have seen some bad posts about Jap performance aswell...

I sold my facelift manual NA for less than that. And it had a mint interior and lower miles aswell as a full bodykit newly fitted. Inc blended trial rear and a respray on the roof and both front wings.

Also the first advert is a bit suspicious to me... Its by no means a one off... or a show car if you ask me. Just a bog standard NA with horrable eyelids, paper thin tyres on 19's aswell. I cant imagine the handling will be great...

Also none of those 2 have the TRD kit :p The TRD kit will cost you as much as those cars just to buy :p

Thanks for the welcome guys, I've been registered on here for a long long time :)

Hoff - I actually live in my own place in Oswestry, I hail from Guilsfield though, Llanfyllin High School, most of my friends come for Welshpool. I can only think of Ardleen, Pant, Llanymynech and Four Crosses between the two towns so I'm guessing you live there somewhere?

I did see Colsoops in the FS section and it does look nice, I'd have to tidy the dash up a little but appreciate its a TT and for that price its a steal. I just have to be honest and say silvers my least favourite colour.....:blush:

I do have some interior pics of the first one and it looks perfect inside and out in fairness. The second one is lovely and its the same place I bought my RX-7 from 5 years ago. As I say, I'm in no major rush but would like one soonish so I can enjoy the summer in it.

I have had a message to this one, which I'd spotted on PH.com, it looks lovely but my god is that a serious drive, googlemaps thinks 9 hours :(

Thanks for the friendly PM's as well folks :D

Thanks for the welcome guys, I've been registered on here for a long long time :)

Hoff - I actually live in my own place in Oswestry, I hail from Guilsfield though, Llanfyllin High School, most of my friends come for Welshpool. I can only think of Ardleen, Pant, Llanymynech and Four Crosses between the two towns so I'm guessing you live there somewhere?

I did see Colsoops in the FS section and it does look nice, I'd have to tidy the dash up a little but appreciate its a TT and for that price its a steal. I just have to be honest and say silvers my least favourite colour.....:blush:

I do have some interior pics of the first one and it looks perfect inside and out in fairness. The second one is lovely and its the same place I bought my RX-7 from 5 years ago. As I say, I'm in no major rush but would like one soonish so I can enjoy the summer in it.

I have had a message to this one, which I'd spotted on PH.com, it looks lovely but my god is that a serious drive, googlemaps thinks 9 hours :(

bit of a hijack, where abouts in oswestry? I live near there for 17 yrs... well llanymynech...

I'm on Middleton road but the country lane end :)

I used to live in Deytheur (near Llansantffraid) for a few years as well. I know Llanymynech quite well!

ahha! yes, my parent used to own the Bradford Arms Restaurant/Hotel a few years ago...

pm'd:)

Huge thanks to everyone thats mailed me so far, you're not making this easy as there are some real stunners out there it has to be said!!

My apologies now for not replying very quickly, work has been hell today but I'll sit down tomorrow and write back to everyone.

Thank you!

Dave

Huge thanks to everyone thats mailed me so far, you're not making this easy as there are some real stunners out there it has to be said!!

My apologies now for not replying very quickly, work has been hell today but I'll sit down tomorrow and write back to everyone.

Thank you!

Dave

As it has for me which is why Ive spent all day on here:d Now Im bored waiting for mike so we can do some work on his silvia;)

We'll go for a drive soon Dave:)

For your budget of £6k will easily get a good TT. 100k miles on a supra is nothing as long as it has good service history and looks well looked after.

Personally I would not pay anything over £4.5k for an N/A as the price of them and the futrure price of them would just be suicide to pay anymore than that. Even at £4.5k I would be looking for a mint manual facelift for that money.

I went with a member and recently got a white facelift N/A manual which had UK brakes and lsd, ABS and even had an active spoiler and it was in very good condition (almost mint) with 80k miles and we got that for just a touch over £4k.

But for a a pre facelift you should not pay anymore than £4k for it regardless if it is kitted up to the nines with a body kit. imho

Exception to the rule I think would be an SZ-R with 6sp box.

If you are still interested I know of an absolutely genuine mint white untouched auto TT in East Devon.

Off the top of my head it's got UK Alloys, Brakes and bonnet and it's only done around 50K miles (IIRC) and is well within your budget.

It's owned by the mechanic who works on my TT and he's a thoroughly sound bloke, as well as being very picky.

If you're interested then I'll PM you my number and I can give you the full spec and ask him if he's still wanting to sell?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.