The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lotus Project Eagle

Alex

Finally some *official* shots of the next Lotus, which as yet doesn't have a name. (What the project is called and what the car is called are seperate).

http://motoring.sky.com/news_features/galleries/lotus-project-eagle--first-look.aspx#i=1

http://motoring.sky.com/siteimages/storage/200871517/lotus_project_eagle_flash.jpg

2+2

3.5L V6

1350Kg's

0-60 in 5secs

160mph top speed

Aimed at the Porsche Boxter.

With talk of an "Ultra High Performance" version to come...

Looks nice, but so similar to the old ones... Looks classier though. I reckon if it's going to compete with Porsche then the interior needs to be easier to get into and slightly nicer looking (although not much with Porsches plain interior ;) )

I was literally just reading about this on another site. I think it's a great step forward for Lotus and I'm eagerly awaiting details of the fast version... I wonder if they will TT this engine or use another one? Either way, it's a given that the handling will be awesome so I expect big things from this.

Guest CoolsBlue

Put it in the bin. And get toyota to release a couple of real cars, few eco friendly 2008 special edition Mkiv's should do it:D

Nope because then it wouldn't be a GT car.

Grand tourer definition...

An open or closed automobile which has no more than one door on each side and a minimum of two seats situated one on each side of the longitudinal centre line of the car; these two seats must be crossed by the same transversal plane. This car must be able to be used perfectly legally on the open road, and adapted for racing on circuits or closed courses.

Nothing regarding engine placement ;)

Well that depends on whether wiki is the be all and end all of definitions really doesn't it? I wouldn't consider the NSX a GT car, or the MR2. Or the MX5, or the Lotus Elise. Or the Exige, or the Nobles. Besides, the definition you use comes from the way older cars are classified in a particular racing series. Not a modern definition.

The point is that there are fundamental differences between this and the MKIV Supra. Just because it uses a Toyota engine means nothing. Is the 350Z the new Renault Alpine? No. Is the Elise the new MR2? No. Is the Evora the new Supra? No.

;)