The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any of you write lyrics?

James

I've been brainstorming this evening and have been writing stuff down as it comes to mind. Mainly based off of strong feelings for past events of late.

Question to you folks, what inspires you dudes? Do things just come to you and get put to paper or do you plan things out by, for example, taking a subject matter and then proceeding to write upon it?

Also, I'm not my band's vocalist. I wish to put the stuff I have to him. Does anyone feel they need to explain all meaning - however deep - so that the right mood can be taken on by the person that will be in command of the lyrics? Or leave it open to his/her own interpretation?

Just curious, as I've never let anything I've penned go further than my head and - once or twice - a notepad in my drawer.

Cheers :)

Random stuff that pops into your head.

I've written a few tracks now. Here are my faves:

"Take the dustbin out yourself you lazy b*tch" which goes to a reggae beat.

"East sh*t you dumb ass BMW driver" - A kind of thrash metal theme

"Ooohhh lady in the MX5" - a love song

"Damn, where did I put the torch?" - on London show theme....with dancing girls.

I've been brainstorming this evening and have been writing stuff down as it comes to mind. Mainly based off of strong feelings for past events of late.

Question to you folks, what inspires you dudes? Do things just come to you and get put to paper or do you plan things out by, for example, taking a subject matter and then proceeding to write upon it?

Also, I'm not my band's vocalist. I wish to put the stuff I have to him. Does anyone feel they need to explain all meaning - however deep - so that the right mood can be taken on by the person that will be in command of the lyrics? Or leave it open to his/her own interpretation?

Just curious, as I've never let anything I've penned go further than my head and - once or twice - a notepad in my drawer.

Cheers :)

I've written one or two tunes. To answer one of your questions- I don't think you need to explain the meaning- ever! :)

Sometimes I may read a line in a book, magazine or hear something on TV or radio and think- lovely- that's the chorus sorted! :D And maybe like Kopite, I get a melody and then the words just seem to write themselves.

Thanks for the replies :)

Yeah, I think I'll just leave it open to his interpretation. I think he'll know EXACTLY what my motivation for what I've been coming up with is though so this instance won't be as much an issue :lol:

When pen hits paper, my vocabulary seems to exponentially grow. I don't talk with flamboyant language generally, but somehow my mind wanders and more diverse things just appear! It also proves beneficial when it comes to writing Uni reports! :lol:

I find this quite useful, as I manange to stay away from cliche with regard to phrases. I can say something in the same context and with the same meaning yet it won't come across as "heard that line a million times" sorta thing! At the same time though, I don't like it to see like I'm trying too hard to stray away from such a thing! It's all about genuine flow I suppose!

Anyway, I'll share what I have! It may transmit as being very angsty and one dimensional in meaning, but I'd like to see what people's interpretations on it are!

I play in a metal band if this is any help by the way! ;)

Here goes! My working/intended title is "Terminated":-

Remnants?

Permanent disassociation preferential.

Civility?

Post diatribe regret?

Insensitivity?

Vehement apathy!

Unjust exacerbation > Profound Hostility.

Intent to diminish?

An irrevocable avenue I yearn.

Desist from one’s span…

Imminently, imperishably.

Validiction – gratifying.

All reminiscence: Terminated.

:blush::blush::blush:

Here goes! My working/intended title is "Terminated":-

Remnants?

Permanent disassociation preferential.

Civility?

Post diatribe regret?

Insensitivity?

Vehement apathy!

Unjust exacerbation > Profound Hostility.

Intent to diminish?

An irrevocable avenue I yearn.

Desist from one’s span…

Imminently, imperishably.

Validiction – gratifying.

All reminiscence: Terminated.

That's beautiful man!

:wipes away tear:

I don't think you have to explain lyrics to people as they will always interpret them differently to how you do

I tend to write a couple of songs a month, usually have more music written as opposed to lyrics, although more often than not a genuinely good one will only come out once every few months, the others I tend to rewrite for a long while and usually end up scrapping them or nicking bits for other songs

I prefer to write the music first and leave lyrics to other people though as mine are normally the cliched 'boys loves girl' type of song, unless I write metal/hardcore songs in which case it's normally nihilistic/apathetic views on things

Random stuff that pops into your head.

I've written a few tracks now. Here are my faves:

"Take the dustbin out yourself you lazy b*tch" which goes to a reggae beat.

"East sh*t you dumb ass BMW driver" - A kind of thrash metal theme

"Ooohhh lady in the MX5" - a love song

"Damn, where did I put the torch?" - on London show theme....with dancing girls.

:rlol: omg that's the funniest thing ever.