The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Two Walbro pumps

Terminator

I have two spare Walbro pumps. A 341 and a 342(Now Sold). The 342 fits JDM hangers, the 341 fits UK/US hangers. My hanger is custom so fitting different model pumps was never an issue for me.

The 342 JDM pump was used for static tests of my new fuel system and 20 road miles. None of the fitting kits parts were used.

342 Filter

Fuel filter of 341 pump, that ran in my car for 15000 miles. Excellent condition.

Both pumps for sale.

Walbro 342 JDM pump, used but as new, for sale at £60 posted in UK

SOLD

Used Walbro 341 UK pump £45 posted in UK.Price Now £28 posted.

This pump is in perfect working order and has it's own brand new fitting kit.

The only reason the 341 does not fit is it faces the oposite direction. If you cut the fuel feed pipe shorter, use a longer piece of fuel hoes a jublee clip to clamp the pump to the hanger, you can rotate the pump through 180 degrees to make it fit. If you want a perfect stock fit that is virtually plug and play, then the 342 is the one to go for. I have fitted both pumps to JDM hangers with out issues.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I think it would depend on a number of factors. To get the most out of the pump or any pump for that matter, I would only use the stock pump power supply wires to trigger a relay that feeds power direct from the battery in heavy gauge wire. This is where a boot battery comes in handy. Size of fuel lines and fuel pressure used also have to be factored in.

I would say that the single Walbro is too close to is limits at 43.5psi baseline pressure to be used with 650 injectors. It is well with in it limits with 550cc injectors. Others may have a different point of view, but I like to build in safety margins when it comes to fuel delivery.

I think John's issue was related to flow rate not how it fitted.

It does fit if you don't use the rubber locator but fasten it with a jubilee clip, that is how it was fitted in my car. The internals are the same, same flow same, current draw the same, it is just the location of the filter and intake that are different.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.