The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not sure if I did good or not! Just won a Supra on eBay

marbleapple

In a strange turn of fate I just won a manual NA on eBay this evening for £2,000. I made a bid last week and totally forgot about it until I got the email from eBay saying I had won. Now don't know whether to be kicking myself or celebrating. :blink:

I have never bought a 2nd hand car before and certainly not without viewing it so I'm a little shocked now! I just wondered what you guys thought of the car and whether or not I have got a good deal?

I can't say I like the bottom picture (looks too low) and the colour is certainly different.

The car is based in Wakefield (Leeds/Bradford) so if there is anyone local who would be willing to lend me a hand (I.e. hold my hand) I would certainly give them some beer money.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120281469563&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Looks horrible but for 2k... hey!

Pay nothing till you see the car and don't be afraid to walk away if you don't like it in the flesh. People will try to tell you that winning an eBay auction is legally binding but it definitely is not.

Oh my god, not that one!

No idea whose it is, i work near to Leeds though

:D

You actually my stomach somersault then you sod :D

Pay nothing till you see the car and don't be afraid to walk away if you don't like it in the flesh. People will try to tell you that winning an eBay auction is legally binding but it definitely is not.

What would you improve on it Jake? I mailed Gaz last week about the idea of getting a black NA and having a do luck front and trial rear fitted but I doubt Gaz would be able to match the dodgy colour on this one.

p.s. I think that the auciton is legally binding but it would all depend on whether the seller decided to take you to court and compell you to buy (which he is unlikely to do).

p.p.s - sorry Jake, no intention with p.s. to contradict/undermine you. Just speaking my legaleese :)

Sensible price, you should have kept quiet and flogged it for a profit to one of those on here that thinks they are worth twice that ;) The colour suits it, IMHO, I'd say a none body kitted one in that colour would look great, but I am not a fan of most kits, it looks a bit OTT to my taste. Hope it has no hidden vices!

Looks OK off the pictures. Be very unsubtle and do not be cowed. If its a ####### leave it right there. That said I have bought a couple of "dodgy" cars that I've not seen on ebay and so far they've all been better than what I've paid. It will either look as good as it does in the pictures and drive OK or it won't simple as.

Guest damelza

ohhhh exciting! Well if it turns out to be a bit of a ringer at 2 grand you can have a tinker and a bit of a faff with it.

I bet that colour isn't too bad in 'real life'.

have fun!

Looks OK off the pictures. Be very unsubtle and do not be cowed. If its a ####### leave it right there. That said I have bought a couple of "dodgy" cars that I've not seen on ebay and so far they've all been better than what I've paid. It will either look as good as it does in the pictures and drive OK or it won't simple as.

Sound advice... Thanks

ohhhh exciting! Well if it turns out to be a bit of a ringer at 2 grand you can have a tinker and a bit of a faff with it.

I bet that colour isn't too bad in 'real life'. !

Good point.

have fun!

If you were willing to bid 2 grand you must have wanted the car...

I think it was a case of bidding 2 grand as I wanted a supra (as opposed to the specific car) and I expected others to want it more!

*formally withdraws offer of assistance*

:p

LOL

On a serious note, I appreciate the offer Rob. I will PM you if I need you if thats ok but I do have a friend who might be able to lend a hand who is quite good with cars. He only lives local so rather than dragging you my way it is probably be preferable to ask him.

Thanks Nic...