JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, cant believe the difference that turbo makes over the smaller non billet version, result. I'll be comparing a couple of the Borg Warner S300 turbos against a T67 billet turbo pretty soon which will be interesting, I've got a feeling the Borg Warner is going to out perform the T67 myself, should know pretty soon. Anyway you've got yourself a great road setup there for sure, nice.

Yep, cant believe the difference that turbo makes over the smaller non billet version, result. I'll be comparing a couple of the Borg Warner S300 turbos against a T67 billet turbo pretty soon which will be interesting, I've got a feeling the Borg Warner is going to out perform the T67 myself, should know pretty soon. Anyway you've got yourself a great road setup there for sure, nice.

Go on Paul ... next april is still a couple of months to go ... shopping list is still not completed :D:D

Stroker next then :D

Fantastic result.

Be nice but is it worth it? im still on a stock engine and look how close mine is to Pauls fully built and very expensive 3.4, its a lot to spend for a very little bit at the top.

Ive got a good spare engine and after today im thinking just sling that in if mine fails?

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Be nice but is it worth it? im still on a stock engine and look how close mine is to Pauls fully built and very expensive 3.4, its a lot to spend for a very little bit at the top.

Ive got a good spare engine and after today im thinking just sling that in if mine fails?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/paulvjamie.jpg

Surely the bigger CC will give you boost a fair bit lower down the rev range than you are getting just now? You are matching Paul on, what I see as, a far better turbo by the looks of it without having anywhere near the same engine spec.

All depends what you are after, I wouldn't do it because I simply couldn't afford it. It would be a serious consideration if at your level of build and considering a built engine though.

Would be nice to see the spool of that turbo with a 3.4 gassing it.

A nice round 800hp with a neck snapping spool would be the street drivers dream.

Surely the bigger CC will give you boost a fair bit lower down the rev range than you are getting just now? You are matching Paul on, what I see as, a far better turbo by the looks of it without having anywhere near the same engine spec.

All depends what you are after, I wouldn't do it because I simply couldn't afford it. It would be a serious consideration if at your level of build and considering a built engine though.

Would be nice to see the spool of that turbo with a 3.4 gassing it.

Yeah but i dont need it to spool faster, to go 3.4 is going to cost me just over 10grand, im just not sure its worth it.

Yeah but i dont need it to spool faster, to go 3.4 is going to cost me just over 10grand, im just not sure its worth it.

If your not looking for a faster spool then I wouldn't bother TBH. It doesn't get much better on a stock engine, and as you say it's mental as it is.

Faster spool would be my main reason for doing it. A stroker & slightly higher cams would be insane.