The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Nice one Jamie, was talking to Lee about this yesterday when I was there.

It will be interesting to find out how these new tubbies hold up to the 'JamieP abuse test!' :D

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be interesting to see whether you can get it track friendly without re-routing the screamer.

I have an open screamer on my track car and touch wood havent been booted off for noise yet, it is silenced though :search:

Just had a call from Lee and the new turbo wont clear the manifold runners, The H cover is bigger, looks like he may have to space it up a bit.

Can't be any bigger than a GT42-76RS can it? They clear the runners on a BL manifold fine, just about.:)

Can't be any bigger than a GT42-76RS can it? They clear the runners on a BL manifold fine, just about.:)

The center cartridge is bigger on them though so pushes the housing further out to miss the runners, i had the same problem when going from a T88 to a Gt4088, The H cover is a good 1/2 inch bigger than the regular T67 cover.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Johns is a 6262 journal, i dont know what cover he went with.

I believe the same cartridge is used in both but I suspect the smaller compressor and exhaust housing meant it cleared. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the results of the latest round of mods. :thumbs:

Looks very similar to my engine bay right now :D

I am very interested to see how things go on the dyno with the exhaust comparison. I have a new stainless exhaust that looks identical to a Tanabe and I am a little concerned it may reel in the top end a bit so I too will be doing a back to back on the rollers :)

Is this latest list of mods going to incluse the cam swap as well Jamie?

Edit: What's the reason for the electric fans? Is it to make the engine bay look neater or something like that?

Looks very similar to my engine bay right now :D

I am very interested to see how things go on the dyno with the exhaust comparison. I have a new stainless exhaust that looks identical to a Tanabe and I am a little concerned it may reel in the top end a bit so I too will be doing a back to back on the rollers :)

Is this latest list of mods going to incluse the cam swap as well Jamie?

Edit: What's the reason for the electric fans? Is it to make the engine bay look neater or something like that?

Hey dan,

Yup, jun cams going in as well, i know viscous fans v electric fans has been argued to death for there pros and cons but i want to see for myself, if i dont get on with them i will change back, and yes it is partly due to how neat they make the engine bay look:)

My powder coated intake runners with new injector collets welded in, this is the colour im going with on everything, the flash on the camera makes it look a bit glitzy but its just a normal gunmetal type colour:)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/spoiler003.jpg

looks very nice

also notice the car it came in the frame by the comp also :D

nice touch!

I hope the h-cover problem is easily sorted as that's what I have gone for.

Is the ABS delete an easy job Jamie, any idea on how much it weighs?

I was so tempted by that titanium exhuast dude had for sale, but decided against due to any possible restriction top end, are you going back to a full 4" system?

I hope the h-cover problem is easily sorted as that's what I have gone for.

Is the ABS delete an easy job Jamie, any idea on how much it weighs?

I was so tempted by that titanium exhuast dude had for sale, but decided against due to any possible restriction top end, are you going back to a full 4" system?

Hey mate, spoke to Lee this morning and the turbo would just fit if we was to weld a elbow on it and keep the ic pipe though the wing, im not going that way so it needs spacing up a bit, no biggie.

ABS is easy to remove, Lee had it out in about 5 min, just need to order up the NA brake lines, Lee is on it, its a heavy unit, ill weigh it for you.

Im putting my HKS ti back on if the whifbitz exhaust resticts it to much.

Hey mate, spoke to Lee this morning and the turbo would just fit if we was to weld a elbow on it and keep the ic pipe though the wing, im not going that way so it needs spacing up a bit, no biggie.

ABS is easy to remove, Lee had it out in about 5 min, just need to order up the NA brake lines, Lee is on it, its a heavy unit, ill weigh it for you.

Im putting my HKS ti back on if the whifbitz exhaust resticts it to much.

Cant you run the IC pipe downwards rather than through the inner wing?

Be interested to see how my exhaust fairs against the HKS 4", not a fair comparison though really. See how you go though. I can get a 4" quiet exhaust made like mine if needed of course.