JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have my R2 bushes here ready to fit, will be interesting to see the difference between the Powerflex and R2 bushes

:)

I fitted full R2 bush kit although i have yet to have a full geo setup just had basic track done the difference was massive

• 3 weeks later...
Dropped my car over to miko_supra today to have the poly bushes fitted, he is doing the front today and the rear next weekend giving me time to get wheels in motion to do the geo setup again so im all ready for the Llandow trackday:)

Is he going to do all the work then Jamie? Take off the suspension parts, fit new bushes and put it back together? Thats quite a job if so.

where did you get the bushes and coil packs from Jamie?

Larkspeed via ebay.

Is he going to do all the work then Jamie? Take off the suspension parts, fit new bushes and put it back together? Thats quite a job if so.

Yup full job, front is done and i have the car home now and all seems well:)

Will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the poly bushes when you've got used to them on road & track. Still deciding what to do with mine: replace everthing just to get OEM rubber bushes, or go poly... but will they make the ride too harsh?

Got the car back from Mike today, he did the rear this weekend, top man fitted all my new poly bushes at a great price, i know you had it tuff doing the rear end, Thanks Mike.

Took it for a good tear and i cant feel any difference in the ride still but it does feel a little alive on the rear end, going into wheels in motion this week to get the geo setup done again and hopefully it will be all good for the club trackday this weekend:)

Had the Geo setup done today at wheels in motion, went for a slightly more aggresive setup with 4 degree of camber, first impressions feel good.

Ordered some new pads for the big brembos from Dusty today, a pleasure to deal with as always, went with some Hawk street pads.

Ordered some michelin pilot sports today aswell, will be interesting to see how they perform compared to the R888's, i like the toyos but they dont last me 2 min, i get through a set of rears in about 3000 miles and thats with no burnouts.

Had the Geo setup done today at wheels in motion, went for a slightly more aggresive setup with 4 degree of camber, first impressions feel good.

Ordered some new pads for the big brembos from Dusty today, a pleasure to deal with as always, went with some Hawk street pads.

Ordered some michelin pilot sports today aswell, will be interesting to see how they perform compared to the R888's, i like the toyos but they dont last me 2 min, i get through a set of rears in about 3000 miles and thats with no burnouts.

4 degrees? Front and rear? Your inside tyre temps are going to get hot hot hot. Have you got a tyre temp gauge to see whats going on? I might be coming on Saturday so I can bring mine if not?

4 degrees? Front and rear? Your inside tyre temps are going to get hot hot hot. Have you got a tyre temp gauge to see whats going on? I might be coming on Saturday so I can bring mine if not?

It may have been just the front, ill have to check with Tony as i never took the sheet.

Ive not got a tyre temp gauge, yeah bring it along mate and lets see what its like, he says he runs up to 10 degrees on some race cars and this may be a happy medium for me, if i dont like it he will change it back FOC.

I was under the impression the poly's make the ride alot more harder? I was thinking about replacing all my bushes with new after a few things are done , I was thinking about the poly's but always been told that theres just no give to them and the ride is hard as hell! So I was going to go with OEM.

It may have been just the front, ill have to check with Tony as i never took the sheet.

Ive not got a tyre temp gauge, yeah bring it along mate and lets see what its like, he says he runs up to 10 degrees on some race cars and this may be a happy medium for me, if i dont like it he will change it back FOC.

Are you sure your not talking about castor? As that would make more sense, 10 degrees camber is a hell of a lot.

I was under the impression the poly's make the ride alot more harder? I was thinking about replacing all my bushes with new after a few things are done , I was thinking about the poly's but always been told that theres just no give to them and the ride is hard as hell! So I was going to go with OEM.

I honestly cant tell the difference.

Are you sure your not talking about castor? As that would make more sense, 10 degrees camber is a hell of a lot.

Hmm maybe:D you are confusing me now, ill check with Tony and report back.

I tell you the main difference ive noticed in the feel of the car since the setup is the steering wheel feels like it wants to go back to the center more so.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I tell you the main difference ive noticed in the feel of the car since the setup is the steering wheel feels like it wants to go back to the center more so.

Im no expert, but sounds like castor :)

sounds like caster to me, if I remember rightly caster is the the strut going to the front or rear of the car , usually the n/s is a little bit further to the front in england due to the camber of the road and the side of the road we drive ( round abouts mainly)

I MAY be wrong though ;)

Sounds like caster to me mate.