JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what sort of 10s you hoping for ??

from last time i have an extra 130bhp which i think will see me into the 11.2 -11,6 category...

but now you have upset me :(

Somebody will be invalidating their GTR warranty with launch control, me thinks !!!!!

I don't like it :D

nah, just kidding, looks good, will have a closer look on Saturday :)

Wouldn't it be best to remove the active spoiler seeing as it's now redundant? They weight about 22kg from memory so it's a lot of weight to lose from the front.. only downside is you'd need to get the stock front undertray to repalce it.

Ha, no unless somebody makes some sort of very subtle carbon add on, not ridox as thats a complete skirt.

I might get one made up, I want a Ridox style skirt but want to keep my OEM skirts, did you see the mock up I had in mind?

attachment.php?attachmentid=91903&stc=1&d=1241225455

I don't like it :D

nah, just kidding, looks good, will have a closer look on Saturday :)

Wouldn't it be best to remove the active spoiler seeing as it's now redundant? They weight about 22kg from memory so it's a lot of weight to lose from the front.. only downside is you'd need to get the stock front undertray to repalce it.

I dont have an active front spoiler, never have had one, it was just the bit of rubber (now removed) self tapped on.

All the under tray is in tact:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Happy with todays results at SRR (thanks Ryan) this was at 95% duty and 1.8bar (i put a splash of unleaded race fuel in to be on the safe side but Ryan feels it would not have made any difference) to get any further id need bigger injectors, a full fuel system and some cams.

Id like a proper C16 leaded race fuel map really but that will have to wait till next year when i have some more duty cycle to play with.

Had a bit of messing about with the coil packs and plugs to try and find out why it would not go over 1.5 bar without having a missfire, turned out to be some dodgy coil packs, Ryan kindly let me use his and ill be ordering some more on monday, thanks LeeP for changing them and thanks to Steve for the the tools:thumbs:

I wont touch the car anymore this year, just going to enjoy it over the summer.

632bhp (536atw's) 545ftlb:cool:

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Looks stunning Jamie. Somehow though and I doubt I'm only one but I struggle to believe the above statement !

Best of luck with it.

Im going to be spending most of the summer playing with my boat so the Supra will be taking a back seat for a while.

An interesting experiment with what I shall term 'hyperboost' :D it was fun to watch. You're a brave man Jamie! ;)

BTW, I can't compete with that max BHP figure (although my peak ftlb is higher even at 'just' 1.4bar) but I overheard you say your car "must have the most streetable setup", stating how quick it spools.... so I went and checked mine as it's always compared well on Ryan's website with - I feel - everything else on there.

From the above graph of yours, your car makes 320bhp and 380ftlb at 4,000rpm, mine is making 400bhp (+80) and 490ftlb (+110) at the same. Even at 5,000rpm mine is still making more bhp (just!) and plenty more torque. Have you got a graph of boost pressure against revs? :)

What would different cams do, create more peak or more low down performance?

Sorry if that statement upset you Steve, i take it back, we will have to see who is quickest at Llandow:D

oh crap :D

Not "upset", just curious! :p I wouldn't want to start trying to 'compete' on car setups, you just made me want to compare the results; it's not a fair comparison as the VVTi element on mine makes a good difference, it was clear when I went Solaris and Ryan mapped that back into use Vs the Motec which simply ignored it. I have a lot of respect for your car & setup, I admire the work & thought that has gone into it. I'm glad you're back in a Supra and pushing known limits, you are still mental though. ;)

I should setup that club VMax event I mentioned to you today, 1.5 miles of side by side blow-trading... :cool:

What turbo pressure was the 630bhp run? Do you still see that chap with a Veyron around your way?? :eyebrows:

It was at 1.8bar, out of interest was your dyno'd at SRR?

Mine is mapped to just under 1.4 bar. It's not been dyno'd at SRR on the ne setp, I would be dubious of the result too but Ryan insists the dyno at Scooby Clinic is the exact same setup and used the same paramters as when it was dynod at SRR on the old setup (also it feels much quicker). (It was only at ScoobyClinic as that's where he and Pat fitted the Solaris to mine & investigated how to get VVTi to work.)

Wouldn't mind jumping in yours for a lap at Llandow this year if you don't mind, and vice versa if you fancy it - compare how they each feel.

I'd have brought it down today but it's a long way with 2+1 in the car, plus it's off the road at the moment anyway whilst I have a bash at fitting cameras, power, video recorder, etc for the track. I'm not happy with the gauge layout either, might fiddle about whilst I've got the dash out.