JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its always going to be hard keeping that finish, but it will last if you apply the basic rules such as washing with two buckets, using a snowfoam lance before washing. Ive recommended a few products to Jamie that are easily available. Meguiars nxt 2.0 cream is quite good at keeping a wet finish, but it doesnt last too long, so would need doing every week or two. Autoglym super resin polish can also be very good by hand, it also contains quite a lot of 'fillers' which if put down in layers will fill any remaining/future scratches quite well. Wax, i tend to like Victoria Concourse (Red) for a blingy look that lasts very well or Collonite to give a solid, harder wearing finish. But everyone will always have different views on products, its best to try commonly recommended ones and keep with it until you learn how to get the best from it

Thanks mate :) Not sure I could hack a clean every few weeks, let alone anything else! Last supe got a single bucket wash every 3 months at best, current one hasn't been washed in 4 years :D You obviously need to be really into the shiney car thing to keep the motivation up!

I paid £260 and worth every penny and then some for the amount of work Christian put into it.

Is that all?! I thought it'd be a lot more than that!! I know where my car is going for summer.;)

Did he give any tips on how to look after the paint going forward? I don't have a garage and thus my car is exposed to the elements :(

Ignore I see stonkin has responded.

New coil over kit is sitting a little high at the front but ill sort that when it goes for a geo setup soon:)

Do they do that as a standard practice at wheels in motion in the geo setup or is it an additional charge, as for some reason it has become noticeable that my front sits a little high with my new wheels.

Your cars looking great by the way ....!

Yeah hugely Ed. Im a practical hands on person, and like nothing more than a day at work doing this, great feeling of achievement standing back and seeing a car evolve from start to finish. IT just doesnt do it for me anymore :)

Like many others have said, I may well be giving you a buzz in time for summer. Whereabouts are you in Berkshire out of interest?

Definetly. Dont want to see any 'videos' for a while :) Please just leave it tucked up in the garage :D

Went to see it today and its stunning mate, Its staying in Duncans lockup for the next couple of weeks till my new wheels turn up.

The car deserves a garage now so im going to start building one in the next couple of weeks to keep the elements off her:)

Garage wont cost me much to build, I have a compound on the back of my father inlaws house where i keep all my building equipment, Its only a 2 min walk from my house, its a huge concrete hard standing so its just a case of slapping up 4 block walls and a felt roof, ill build it in 2 days for under a grand easy.

Hi Jamie, You may have missed my question in post 1502 as to the cost so far and in the first post of the thread you quoted costs to date such as cost of car, labour etc (as of then) but when you edited you first page on the 19th of Jan all the costings were deleted! So how much has been spent now? and can you itemise like before so that folks can see how much its going to cost them for each phase or mod? I would estimate around 35k + by now Cheers Tee