JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the next stage of mods begins.

Dropped the car over to Lee this morning and we started on the strip down, got a load of parts in the back of my truck thats going to the powder coaters tomorrow.

Ive decided on a couple of other changes that may upset a few of you, we have junked the ABS and im going with electric fans, also removed the charcoal canister, Lee is going to be giving the engine bay a good tidy up and hiding some of the electrics for that neater look.

Lee is going to update with pics as he goes:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Dropped the car over to Lee this morning and we started on the strip down, got a load of parts in the back of my truck thats going to the powder coaters tommorrow.

Ive decided on a couple of other changes that may upset a few of you, we have junked the ABS and im going with electric fans, also removed the charcoal canister, Lee is going to be giving the engine bay a good tidy up and hiding some of the electrics for that neater look.

:thumbs: some interesting mods there. I take it the electric fans are what you anticipate will upset people? Where will they go, will they replace the viscous?

Dropped the car over to Lee this morning and we started on the strip down, got a load of parts in the back of my truck thats going to the powder coaters tommorrow.

That won't affect the Solaris T/C will it?

will they replace the viscous?

Yes.:)

That won't affect the Solaris T/C will it?

I dont have or want TC so makes no odds.:)

Also one other thing i forgot about is i might be getting rid of the whifbitz exhaust, after trying some top speed runs i feel its holding the car back, after 140 it seems to take forever to get going, shame as i loved how quiet that exhaust was.

Also one other thing i forgot about is i might be getting rid of the whifbitz exhaust, after trying some top speed runs i feel its holding the car back, after 140 it seems to take forever to get going, shame as i loved how quiet that exhaust was.

I've just bought one because my Blitz Nur Spec RX did the same! :rolleyes:

What's next to try? Tanabe? Or will you get one made?

Might be worth asking Wez? He's similar power and using a Tanabe, isn't he?

Im gonna see what happens on the dyno, we are going to take both exhausts there with us and see what the difference is, it dont take long to swap them over.

Wes lost a fair bit of power with his when he went with the quiet exhaust and reroute screamer back in, 50bhp irrc, Ryan advised me not to reroute the screamer.

Would be interesting to see whether you can get it track friendly without re-routing the screamer.

I have an Apexi N1 Evo Exhaust (with center silencer) which is fairly quiet; I do lose power due to its design (as prompted by Ryan) and with the screamer pipe it came to 108db and failed the noise tests at snetterton.

Junking the ABS will teach you a big lesson sooner or later. Trust me, the Supra's ABS has better stopping talent than you have driving talent.

Electric fans suck, been there and done that.

What ever happened to not over doing it with this one?

Junking the ABS will teach you a big lesson sooner or later. Trust me, the Supra's ABS has better stopping talent than you have driving talent.

Electric fans suck, been there and done that.

What ever happened to not over doing it with this one?

It wont teach me a lesson, ive never once felt it come on and its easy to refit the ABS if i decide i want it back, all the whifbitz track cars have junked it and it makes for a far nicer engine bay to work in, that greddy intake is a pig to get on and off with it inplace.

Lee is running the same Kenlowe fans i will be having and has never once had a problem with his temps.

With regards to not over doing it:p

It wont teach me a lesson, ive never once felt it come on and its easy to refit the ABS if i decide i want it back, all the whifbitz track cars have junked it and it makes for a far nicer engine bay to work in, that greddy intake is a pig to get on and off with it inplace.

Lee is running the same Kenlowe fans i will be having and has never once had a problem with his temps.

With regards to not over doing it:p

I run twin kenlowe fans on all the time with a trd lower temp state and have never seen my temps over 98 deg c and that was give the car hell for about an hour :D sits at about 78 deg c all other time's So twin fans do work .

Another thing to mention is Matt is going over Lee's to spray my engine bay for me, it dont look bad as is but i want it like brand new, thanks matt:)

I run twin kenlowe fans on all the time with a trd lower temp state and have never seen my temps over 98 deg c and that was give the car hell for about an hour :D sits at about 78 deg c all other time's So twin fans do work .

You run them constant? mine will be the same as Lee's setup, only come on when needed.