The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Its all stock mate, im in two minds what to do with regards to engines at the min, many options.

I have a spare good lump i could build up but this stock one has been so good im tempted to leave the other one alone aswell.

If i do build up another lump it will be with a BC 3.4L kit for sure, see how bored i get;)

I was talking to mod last night about your car, it has 100% made me wish I have stayed with a stock block and avoided all the time and expense of a built engine, pointless at mid sized turbo BHP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was talking to mod last night about your car, it has 100% made me wish I have stayed with a stock block and avoided all the time and expense of a built engine, pointless at mid sized turbo BHP

Yup, does seem pointless, imo the only need for a built lump is if you want to raise the rpm limit to make the most of a larger turbo, my rpm limit is set to stock 7200 rpm and i feel its that which has kept my lump healthy.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

3. Change turbo to ic pipework (i dont want this going through the wing anymore)

5. Remove Greddy intake and fit thermal gasket.

Good move

7. Fit new oil cooler (present one has split)

Same make or something else? Do you reckon it split because of the make or a manufacturing fault?

Same make or something else? Do you reckon it split because of the make or a manufacturing fault?

Same Mocal cooler, small split across the top, hard to say why it split, could be the cooler pipes pulling down on it to hard, ill have Lee check it out.

Were there any cons when you installed the new exhaust ? .did the egt go up ? did you loose power?.

Hard to say if it lost any power, would you notice 20-30bhp? egt's stayed the same and its a heck of a lot nicer to drive now.:)

Ryan aint touched it., ill be supprised if its related but its a pig to cold start at the min, you have to turn it over for ages, im sure Ryan will sort that when he does the remap.

Has Ryan set it up so it will only fire up once the oil pressure gets up to a sensible amount?

p.s. Nice turbo - the H and HP covers look a lot more sensible don't they :D

I think it is yes, we have had trouble with cold starts a few times now, its not been the best since the last time it was mapped, im sure Ryan will sort it out.

Im hoping the H cover and new pipework will make for a better setup.

I think it is yes, we have had trouble with cold starts a few times now, its not been the best since the last time it was mapped, im sure Ryan will sort it out.

Im hoping the H cover and new pipework will make for a better setup.

I much prefer the 3" outlet style as it makes for simpler intercooler piping and it's obviously 3" straight away. Plus you won't have that 90degree elbow on the turbo any more.

when it comes to covers like H and HP covers, what exactly are the differences? :shrug: is it the design of the turbo housing itself like for example the angle of the outlet into the intercooler pipes??

H cover has a 3" outlet instead of 2.5"

You buggar :D

:p