JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just been out for a off boost drive and its loads quieter now, might miss the rawness of the HKS ti a bit but for the sake of my neighbors and the fact it will be track friendly now im very happy with the exhaust, cheers Paul:)

No worries, I can supply a centre section without the centre box if needed, that way you can just bolt it in and out when you want noise!

I'll be interested to know that as I have something very similar on mine albeit with a third box like the Tanabe. I'm hoping it won't suck too much power.....although there may be some low end gains anyway.

Wes lost a fair bit of power with his when he went with the quiet exhaust and reroute screamer back in, 50bhp irrc, Ryan advised me not to reroute the screamer.

Wes lost a fair bit of power with his when he went with the quiet exhaust and reroute screamer back in, 50bhp irrc, Ryan advised me not to reroute the screamer.

Still not convinced by that one personally, I'm making good power with mine re-routed and its got 3 silencer boxes making it 93db which is silent. One day I'll try it at the dyno with and without to put my mind at rest. Mind you I'm planning on a quite titanium exhaust over the winter, thats the next one for me.

New turbo is here and the car is off to Lee on Sunday, we are going to be stripping a load of parts off and i will be taking them away for powder coating, going with a gunmetal look on most parts.

List of Jobs for Lee to do, couple of days mate?:D

1. Heat wrap manifold and down pipe

2. fit new turbo (Billet 6765 dbb .81)

3. Change turbo to ic pipework (i dont want this going through the wing anymore)

4. Fit Jun 256/256 cams.

5. Remove Greddy intake and fit thermal gasket.

6. Fit new fuel rail/injectors/lines/FPR/filter/PHR pump hanger and pumps. (Lee is supplying the fuel lines and fittings)

7. Fit new oil cooler (present one has split)

8. Duct FMIC

9. lastly off to Ryan and SRR for mapping.

Im hoping for 700bhp with still decent spool, i know im gonna lose a little spool time but hoping it wont be to much:)

Sweet, do you think the billet spools slower than a normal one?

Not from what i read but the new turbo will have a bigger .ar (old one .68 new one .81) and im having the cams fitted which will most likely lose me a few hundred rpm off the spool.

Sounds great, I to am awaiting the results of this new turbo, these figures will be testing the bottom end I would have thought, do you have ARP head/rod bolts in there Jamie ?

Its all stock mate, im in two minds what to do with regards to engines at the min, many options.

I have a spare good lump i could build up but this stock one has been so good im tempted to leave the other one alone aswell.

If i do build up another lump it will be with a BC 3.4L kit for sure, see how bored i get;)