The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Hmm maybe:D you are confusing me now, ill check with Tony and report back.

I tell you the main difference ive noticed in the feel of the car since the setup is the steering wheel feels like it wants to go back to the center more so.

Sounds like caster

;)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ordered some michelin pilot sports today aswell, will be interesting to see how they perform compared to the R888's, i like the toyos but they dont last me 2 min, i get through a set of rears in about 3000 miles and thats with no burnouts.

I wish you would try the Bridgestone Potenza re050a Jamie. I went from the Michelin Pilot Sports to the Potenza's years ago and have never looked back as they were such a big improvement.

I wish you would try the Bridgestone Potenza re050a Jamie. I went from the Michelin Pilot Sports to the Potenza's years ago and have never looked back as they were such a big improvement.

Michelin pilot sports are rubbish on a Supra, slack handling and high tyre noise, the RE050A is in a different league, they make the pilot sports feel like Sureslide Nangkangs.

My Z with OE 18" and re050A handled way better than the 19" with much wider pilot sports I had tried on it.

Michelin pilot sports are rubbish on a Supra, slack handling and high tyre noise, the RE050A is in a different league, they make the pilot sports feel like Sureslide Nangkangs.

My Z with OE 18" and re050A handled way better than the 19" with much wider pilot sports I had tried on it.

Any recommendations on cheap suppliers of these?

Any recommendations on cheap suppliers of these?

I paid £150 each for the 18" rears the last time I bought some from my local Chemix. Pete has just paid a little less for 17" fronts from his local tyre place. Just make sure you don't buy the run flats.

I paid £150 each for the 18" rears the last time I bought some from my local Chemix. Pete has just paid a little less for 17" fronts from his local tyre place. Just make sure you don't buy the run flats.

Why not run flats... please PM? sorry to hijack thread Jamie.

I had them on the red car and they are good, the pilots was all they had in stock and CW speaks highly of them so i thought id give them a try, i will report back my findings.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting bored so ive sold the full leather trimmed interior.

Car is with LeeP at the min getting it ready for Suprapod.

Got a pair of Corbeau Pro Series Bucket seats going in, thinking about getting them retrimed.

Not sure what to do about the door cards yet, but ill probs go with stock after suprapod, maybe carbon.

Ive also got a new cussco 5 point rear cage going in thats at the powdercoaters, Kawasaki green:d

Then the car will be back to AI audio to carpet out the rear.

Bolt in cage, i got it as i like the look of them, i didnt want a full cage as im pretty tall and every supra ive sat in with a full cage my head is very close to the roof bars, i might add door bars to it like the yanks do.

Rear seats have been sold, i have fixed buckets so they are of no use anyhow, impossible to get in, AI audio will be carpeting out everything for a nice neat look, i dont like the look of stripped out cars.